Which Disk to use on a Lee Auto Disk for AS30N 125g 9mm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Disk to use on a Lee Auto Disk for AS30N 125g 9mm?

Can anyone tell me which disk to use on the Lee Auto-Disk for a 9mm 125gr load of 3gr of ADI AS30N? I'm new to handgun reloading and am doing it on my single stage until I can afford a Dillon 650. I'd have used AP70N but QGE was all out, as is everyone else so i'm told. I went with the AS30N so I can do my 12G loads with it as well.
    If someone can tell me which disk to use you'll be saving me quite a bit of time and frustration. Cheers.

This is what I have for AS30 measured on a good quality scale.

Disk Powder
    .43 2.7gr
    .46 2.9gr
    .49 3.1gr
    .53 3.4gr

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by dessy" post=44086
      This is what I have for AS30 measured on a good quality scale.

Disk Powder
      .43 2.7gr
      .46 2.9gr
      .49 3.1gr
      .53 3.4gr
      Thanks heaps dessy, those measurements were spot on when I checked them on my scale, you saved me a bunch of time trying to work it our for myself. Made my first ever batch of 9mm last night, so I'm off to the range tonight to try them out, hopefully nothing explodes

If you don't have a set of scales you REALLY should buy a set so you can double check.
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing” - Edmund Burke

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Morgo" post=44089
      If you don't have a set of scales you REALLY should buy a set so you can double check.
      That is extremely good advice, you should always be double check prior to loading a round, especially as you are using AP30, in 9mm not the best powder, but as you say there is no AP70.

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      I do have scales, but rather than dicking around and experimenting to find out which disk, I though I'd ask to save myself some time. Of course I am going to check the load with my scales, this isn't my first time reloading, just my first time reloading with 9mm. I've been reloading .308, .270 and 12 Gauge for a few years, and getting the powder dispenser configured correctly each time was always the most time consuming part. I'm going to invest in a good electronic dispenser at some point in the future.

I use AS30N in my Lee Classic Turret kit for .38sp.

As said above:
    .43 - approx 2.7gr
    .46 - approx 2.9gr

Comment

Working...
    X