Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reloading press @ 2am = bad idea

So i don't sleep much as you can tell by my late night ramblings

Today i found out it's a bad idea to be anywhere near a reloading press at 2am

Click image for larger version

Name:	1471316_10202577960440523_1211741066_n.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	10.3 KB
ID:	54552
    Only a little scratch but with gun lube on it it stings like a bitch

Anybody ever had an injures with a reloading press ?

hahaha c'mon ratman - harden up!

Comment

lol i knew somebody was going to say that

Plus casting is tomorrow nights lesson

Comment

• El-Skippo
        Skip commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by Rat man407" post=43042

So tomorrow night we could see your foot with a blob of molten lead on it

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Hahahaha sorry ratman but grow a set that looks like the cat scratched you ( what were you doing to the cat at 2am) :lol:
        Originally posted by Rat man407" post=43042

Lol

The worst I had done was tear half my thumb fleash off. When I raised the ram and neglected to remove my fingers from seating the pill. ( 55 grn flat base pills ) a number of years ago.

It was a painful sob, but at least it wasn't my trigger finger. The emergency dept at the local hospital had a giggle, when asked how I had done it. At first they thought I had just cut it ( but the flesh was torn not cut ) nowadays I never cram so much in. Ill do my loading over a number of days. One day will be prepping then the next would be loading.

As you have learnt ... You shouldn't load tied as all Manner of mistakes could happen.

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by El-Skippo " post=43043
        Lol

The worst I had done was tear half my thumb fleash off. When I raised the ram and neglected to remove my fingers from seating the pill. ( 55 grn flat base pills ) a number of years ago.

It was a painful sob, but at least it wasn't my trigger finger. The emergency dept at the local hospital had a giggle, when asked how I had done it. At first they thought I had just cut it ( but the flesh was torn not cut ) nowadays I never cram so much in. Ill do my loading over a number of days. One day will be prepping then the next would be loading.

As you have learnt ... You shouldn't load tied as all Manner of mistakes could happen.
        Yeah ive done something similar, but on a far lesser scale than needing emrrgency treatment lol..still hurt like a SOB though!

Not late night either, but banging em out when running late to get 600 rounds together for a match....brain running ahead of hands heh

There's only really one thing yiu should be doing at 2am...and reloading aint it :lol:

if my gear turns up on time then more then likely

and i have put my fingers in the ram once or twice not fun

Maybe i should ring 000 now so there ready and on standby tomorrow

Comment

• El-Skippo
        Skip commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by Rat man407" post=43045

Maybe i should ring 000 now so there ready and on standby tomorrow
        you'll be right mate.

Haha ya softy nothing a beer won't fix. My press and had a fight last month trying to rush depriming some 223 cases for ultrasonic cleaning I hole punched my pointer finger. Result nice circle punched in pad of finger and a black finger nail from the 45/70 die also laughed at and called a wanker by the wife when I walked into the lounge for a bit of sympathy

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by Y-T" post=43054
        Haha ya softy nothing a beer won't fix. My press and had a fight last month trying to rush depriming some 223 cases for ultrasonic cleaning I hole punched my pointer finger. Result nice circle punched in pad of finger and a black finger nail from the 45/70 die also laughed at and called a wanker by the wife when I walked into the lounge for a bit of sympathy

Sound's like my wife don't think there is a sympathetic bone in her body, only the funny bone cos she's always laughing at my pain.

It's normally tired and in a hurry that causes mistakes. I haven't had any press injuries but I clean the inside of my case necks with a bronze brush in a drill and I can vouch that if your fingers are slightly over the end of the case it slices you open pretty cleanly.

Comment

To clear things up i wasn't doing full reloads just prepping the brass ready to be loaded today

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Originally posted by Rat man407" post=43270
          To clear things up i wasn't doing full reloads just prepping the brass ready to be loaded today
          Thats a good idea!
          You only have to watch some of those doco's on what happens to you when you try & do complex tasks then you are fatigued
          The consequences could be so much more than a scratch :S

I hope that nasty laceration wont hold you back during the festive season :lol:

Fired off some primed brass that hadn't neck sized properly, the little buggers sound like a .22 going off, and throw a flash out the end of the barrel. If one ever goes off in the press I'll probably need a nappy change.

Comment

I haven't had any injuries has yet too , touch wood :P
          And I hope I don't cause I am a Bleeder lol
          The Slightest cut or nick ( like the one you done Rat Man ) and I would bleed out lol
          The wife would come out to the garage the next morning and step over my lifeless body and go "Fook in hell" look at the Fookin mess he's made now : .
          Marlin 1894 .44rem mag
          Tikka T3 Super Varmint .260rem
          Savage Axis XP Camo .260rem
          Ruger American .22wmr
          BSA SuperSport XL .22
          Adler A110 Synthetic 20" 12ga
          Boito Miura U/O 12ga

Comment

Originally posted by Rat man407" post=43039
            So i don't sleep much as you can tell by my late night ramblings

Today i found out it's a bad idea to be anywhere near a reloading press at 2am

Only a little scratch but with gun lube on it it stings like a bitch

That is nasty I once broke a nail while loading, but I didn't have the balls to ask my mum where to get it fixed because I don't know what a finger pedicure is called. In the end I went Bear Grill style and ate a spider.
            Attached Files

Comment

Todays casting lesson wasn't to bad althought i did end up burning my hand

Click image for larger version

Name:	1488320_10202589576050906_517796419_n.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	55054

and yes i had all the PPE on i burnt it thought a set of gardening gloves with welding gloves over the top

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                Originally posted by Rat man407" post=43578
                Todays casting lesson wasn't to bad althought i did end up burning my hand

and yes i had all the PPE on i burnt it thought a set of gardening gloves with welding gloves over the top
                Man I hope you have personal insurance
                Attached Files

Originally posted by Rat man407" post=43039
              G'Day Fella's,

Rat man407, sorry but in my eye's, that doesn't qualify as an injury!
              Thats just a very small scratch!!!

Merry Christmas
              Homer

Comment

LOL mate i started this thread because i was bored out of my mind at 3am and for a bit of shit stiring not because i think it was a real injure

Comment

Working...
                X