Mosin nagant M38 10 shot groups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mosin nagant M38 10 shot groups

Had the opportunity to try my first lot of reloads for the 7.62x54 the other day. For the first lot of 10 shot groups I used 48.5 grains of 2208 with a Hornady 150gr SP interlock at 50 meters. This was the result bellow:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0441.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	51212

For the second lot of 10 shots I used 49.5gr of 2208 (below)... had a slightly better outcome but the cases came out showing some minor signs of too much pressure, with one case neck having a crack in it and they all had very slightly flatter primers than the previous 10... thinking of trying perhaps 49gr of 2208 to try and meet in the middle.

Name:	IMAG0442.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	51213

I have some 2206H to try as well... The M38 being a carbine it might be better as it burns slightly faster... any thoughts? And if anyone else reloads for there mosin carbine I'd love to here what you've been using. I'll chuck in a pic of the rifle as well (below) as it's now my most prized possesion and this is the only place I can show it off lol.

Name:	IMAG0299.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	51214

Nice to see an M38 in here amongst all the M44s...

Looks great, SLAiN!
    Member of the Aunty Jack Firearm Appreciation Society - "Now be a good little Aussie and learn how to shoot or I'll rip your bloody arms off......and I will too!"

"Have you tried unloading it then reloading it?" - Roy Trenneman on fixing firearm problems

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Dreadnought1" post=39528
      Nice to see an M38 in here amongst all the M44s...

Looks great, SLAiN!
      thanks mate, I think the bayonet makes the M44 look a bit ugly, I had an M44 years ago and don't get me wrong they are great but IMO I think the M38 looks a bit classier if you know what I mean (classy for a mosin anyway lol)... plus I honestly have no need for a bayonet as yet.

Which arsenal and what year??
    I take it's an early war carbine as it has no sling escutcheon aft and only a small low escutcheon forward...
    Member of the Aunty Jack Firearm Appreciation Society - "Now be a good little Aussie and learn how to shoot or I'll rip your bloody arms off......and I will too!"

"Have you tried unloading it then reloading it?" - Roy Trenneman on fixing firearm problems

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Dreadnought1" post=39940
      Which arsenal and what year??
      I take it's an early war carbine as it has no sling escutcheon aft and only a small low escutcheon forward...
      it's a 1943 Ishevsk all matching numbers and in an original M38 stock the only things not original is a Chatelleraunt bolt face and a tula extractor as it was refurbed in the Ukraine... interestingly it never had a new crown countersunk back into the barrel just a slight touch up on the original crown by a lathe and she seems accurate enough for a mosin... plenty of rifling too... I envision it as being issued to a vehicle or perhaps a tank but who knows what history it's got...

Name:	IMAG0302.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	51936

Actually its a tula bolt face and a circle C extractor.... got mixed up

Comment

Working...
    X