Calibre change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calibre change

Realised I didn't have any ammo loaded for a comp next weekend and need 200rds. Decided to do a full calibre change on the Hornady LNL-AP instead of loading them on the single stage.
    Took me 50min from when I opened the shed door until the first loaded round went in the ammo box. Hornady claim 5-10min for a calibre change and I expect it is quite achievable once you have things sorted.
    I had to set up the dies in the LNL bushings, drain the powder thrower and reset it and also set up a RCBS lockout die that I haven't done before. With the dies set up it is probably a 10min job, add a calibre specific case activated powder drop and a thrower insert pre set and I would say 2-3min would be all it takes.
    Anyway even with the slow change over still only took 1:20hr to load them so saved at least 40min against doing them on the single stage.

The RCBS lockout die locks to be a great thing, pulled things up on one load as an over charge, when I checked the weight it was 0.4gr over what I was loading. When I get some more time I will check to see what it will let through as far as under or over weight.

Will be interesting to see if they are as accurate out of tbe progressive as the single stage!

Comment

Working...
    X