reloading dies 357 mag in rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reloading dies 357 mag in rifle

I have the opportunity to buy 2 different kinds of dies that seem to me (an uneducated person in reloading) to do the same thing. I could be a set of redding titanium carbide dies (3 die set) or I could buy a set of lyman carbide dies (3 die set) there is a $30 difference. is there any other difference. does the redding die set warrent a $30 out lay. or is one of these fairly well the equivalent of the other.
    "He got the whole nine yards" - as it happens World War II (1939–1945) aircraft machine gun belts (US 50 cal) were nine yards long.

I'm not sure since I use cheap Lee dies for my 357 but I'm willing to bet tat you wont be able to tell the difference in the quality of ammo loaded - the 357magnum carbine is not exactly a precision rifle I'm happy to get 2 moa

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Lee will work but I would go the redding die..

The lee uses a one piece decapping rod/mandrel held in by a collet at the top.

The redding Die uses a threaded shaft with removable mandrel and decapping pins.
      you can buy a pack of 3-5 pins for a few dollars for easy replacement when they break.
      The threaded shaft also makes it easy to adjust decapping pin depth

if you are reloading for a rifle i will guess it will be a tube fed magazine so you will need to place a slight roll/crimp on the case so both sets will perform the same there.

sorry nuthead i hit submit accidently

wow looks like you really do get more for that $30
    "He got the whole nine yards" - as it happens World War II (1939–1945) aircraft machine gun belts (US 50 cal) were nine yards long.

Comment

Working...
    X