Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 204 Ruger. 32gr pills??

Hey guys.

I have developed a nice tight grouping load with my 39gr SBK's that I try to save for use on foxes.

For mucking around and busting bunnies at longer ranges in the evening ect I have been using 32gr Nosler varmegeddons to good effect. When I got them they were cheap. I found 28gr of 8208 was grouping very well.
    I have just come into a heap of 32gr Hornady v-maxes for a steal and need to get them loaded up ASAP for the next trip as I have run out of noslers....

I really dont have time to get out and perform some load development on them, I am thinking given the similarity between the v-maxes and the noslers my load of 28gr should be close to the money.....

Has anyone loaded both the noslers and the v-maxes? Have you found a massive difference between what load each bullet likes best??

Cheers

Ben.

i had some moderate success with z-max and 2206H powder between 27.5 grains and 28.5 grains i settled on 28.0for the lowest vertical spread out of my howa.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Thanks for your reply steve.

I managed to find some time on the weekend for load testing thankfully!!

32gr v-max with 28.8gr of BM8208 worked out being the sweet spot, should be all sweet for this weekend coming up )

Comment

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              i have a pot of 8208 and i have loaded up some berger 30 grainers but the 5-6 i have shot so far didn't float my goat for 1.5"spread at 100. the best out of the vmax is 0.54" not shabby for off a bipod and a rickety table in the middle of a paddock. Hornady factory printed 1" higher at 0.75"at 100.

Comment

had some success with 32vmaxs aswell they are a lethal little round I just bought another 500 for $130
              One shot to the right and then 3 in the same hole not sure how you would measure the three .

Comment

• shooter3975
                shooter3975 commented
                Editing a comment
                Originally posted by Cruiser Country " post=48744
                had some success with 32vmaxs aswell they are a lethal little round I just bought another 500 for $130
                One shot to the right and then 3 in the same hole not sure how you would measure the three .
                I think you've found your load...

you'd have to be happy with that.

Comment

Yep very happy with it . This gun makes me look like I can shoot to the unknowing :lol:
                I have got some 39grn sbk loads and nosler 40grn loads waiting to test at longer ranges but haven't made it to the range yet .

Comment

Working...
                X