Federal small pistol primers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Federal small pistol primers

Hi all starting to get a bit low, do's anyone know how the shortfall is goin I thought there was supposed to be some coming in before now or soon.

I just managed to stock up with Federal Small Pistol by chance, I bought the store out of them.
    The general consensus was not going to be much for a while, and what comes in is already sold.
    there are some rediculous number in the ten's of millions on back order etc..

I have been told Magtech are you next choice in soft primers for light hammer handguns..

Good Luck

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by DeCoY" post=32830
      I just managed to stock up with Federal Small Pistol by chance, I bought the store out of them.
      The general consensus was not going to be much for a while, and what comes in is already sold.
      there are some rediculous number in the ten's of millions on back order etc..

I have been told Magtech are you next choice in soft primers for light hammer handguns..

Good Luck
      I would be going Fiocchi , before Magtech in a revolver. I have used all 3 primer brands, (and more....). In an auto any primer brand is fine.

Just avoid PMC, at all costs.

Thanks,

Oddball

I bought 2000 Fed SP Primers from Safari in Sydney couple of months ago. Gary said he had plenty. Also bought some BGS a few weeks earlier and no probs there either.

Maybe try different stores?

Comment

im in Adelaide, have 1 place can get a little from (his personal stock) but no one else has any.

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        I am in Melbourne and there is some stock here, yes scares but most dealers know who their regular clients are and to them some stock is available. I would think this holds true in most cities, old customers, any good establishment works that way. Just go see the dealer you make all your purchases from, or your second dealer, I have as I guess most do, 2 or 3 dealers.

Beware of CCIs some people have found them a bit hard, light strikes etc

Comment

I spoke about this a couple of days ago. Yes they are going to be in short supply for a long time. As people have said (and as I do) make sure you spread the 'wealth' i.e have more than one supplier. I bought 10,000 the other day when I heard about this, but... I see you have a Tan 38 super as I do (Limited Custom) they have no problem with CCI as long you have original hammer spring. Just my 5 cents.

Comment

Bloody hell! that's like >$1000 just in primers! I thought I was crazy last time I spent $800 on projectiles + a case of primers and 4kg's of powder.
          Good thing I sandbagged the [email protected]#k out of that match or I'd be B Grade in Classic now too................

Comment

I've got 500g of AP70 unopened....and its gonna have to get cracked into very soon

Oh and Decoy you complete bastard! Lol

Comment

decoy, omg what can I say, your the man :P wish I had the room to store that many. I only use between 7 - 8 tho a year lol.

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                Just as the primer shortage started some 2 years ago, i noticed they jumped to some $40 a brick.
                I was in a gunshop and asked how much for a brick, and i was told about $34, then i asked about case pricing, with a bit of negotiation, if i got 2 or more cases they would do them for $28, so i purchased 15k primers.
                Since the price quickly jumped to $45 then $50 a brick.
                I saved on average $20 a brick, a total of some $300 purchasing in bulk.

Its piece of mind knowing you have a batch qty of primers resulting in consistent loads, this is very important when target shooting.

I use a lockable 4 Draw filing cabinet to store bulk items etc, and a lockable double door full height brown built stationary cupboard to store projectiles and ammunition etc.

Buying in bulk is best way to save money and get consistency with you reloads and ammunition etc..
                Down fall is you shoot more without realising how much it is with current prices
            Working...
            X