Cleaning after resizing brass?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning after resizing brass?

How many guys re tumble or Ultra sonic clean after lubing and resizing?

Im doing my first ever batch now. After US cleaning and then reizing, the brass has finger print stains and looks...well shit. It doesnt matter, but what are your methods to prevent this + removing left over lube?

Cheers

a quick rub with a soft clean rag does it for me.
    just so there's no lube on the outside attracting dust/dirt etc.

Comment

if it's a big batch i put the cases in a container with some shellite or wax and grease remover and shake around then i sp\read them on a towel to dry

for small batches i just wipe them with a rag and some shellite

steve

Comment

I tumble after I have done all my sizing and trimming. ( I don't like doing things twice )

My Roo loads ( will get a clean when I fl size and trim ) gen they are shot then collet neck sized then primed, loaded, fired. Without seeing a clean.

Comment

• El-Skippo
          Skip commented
          Editing a comment
          Metho rinse and air dry out in the sun on a towel works. Or a heat shrink gun $20 from masters. Works on rainy, overcast days or at night.

I ultrasonic clean mine after i,m done

Comment

Cheers guys. I might just give them a metho bath and wipe them down after. See how they turn out.

Comment

• El-Skippo
            Skip commented
            Editing a comment
            Originally posted by pete86" post=32648
            Cheers guys. I might just give them a metho bath and wipe them down after. See how they turn out.
            If the wife not home ( metho bath ) then retrieve your cases ( in a bake tray they go ) then in the oven for a few minutes ( to dry them )

I norm just put them on a towel and then outside they go, too dry.

they look newer than new ones.

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            I saw Skips results on the old forum and basically copy his process, all be it on the cheap (I don't have a tumbler of awesomeness )

I recon it's the dishwasher tablet that does the business, no tarnishing at all, even after handling.

So here`s me getting into this fussy cleaning stuff as well and yep it looks nice too.
          One thing I did find a long time back is if you handle loaded brass and you have some of the gun cleaning oils on the gun bolt it will stain and leave fingerprints forever on the brass.
          I was using the old three shells between the fingers trick with Omarks [single shot loading and on the mark ready so to speak ] and one brand of gun lube [forget its name now but it won`t ever polish out no matter how hard you try
          [center]
          Don’t poke the snake, walk around it and come back later with a double-barrelled shotgun and blow its [email protected]#!ing head off!.

Australia in future, the outcome is the same, a bloody dictatorship run on the whims of a very few ego-centric pathological elitists.

Comment

• DILLIGARA
            DILLIGARA commented
            Editing a comment
            I use a cotton glove to avoid handling with bare hands.....

Works a treat.
        Working...
        X