SAKO Brass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAKO Brass

I picked up some Sako .308 loads today for my Sako .308.

I hope they fit!

I was told that their brass is supposed to be better than Lapua.

Anyone up to speed on this?

apparently norma makes it?

Comment

• El-Skippo
      Skip commented
      Editing a comment

Originally posted by Snag" post=32274
    I picked up some Sako .308 loads today for my Sako .308.

I hope they fit!

I was told that their brass is supposed to be better than Lapua.

Anyone up to speed on this?
    Nah mate ..... It's no good, better give me the brass to get rid of the dirty stuff.

Wolf ammo is much better

Comment

Sounds like the salesman was pulling your leg there mate.

I'd wager the only company that could produce a better product that Lapua is RUAG Ammotech...
      Sometimes life gives you lambda points. Just chill, once the bubbling stops s'all good mate.

Brotha's got spinners!

Comment

I remember reading that the sako factory ammo was loaded into sako head stamped cases made by federal. May be these cases are sold by sako also.

I'm sure they are fine quality but you never know how good they are until the 5th or 10th reload.

Steve

Comment

Well it would be hard to tell as its loaded.
          After recently getting my first lot of Lapua case & wouldn't buy anything else,
          Nosler & Norma is way over priced IMO though I dont really know how it compared other than from what I have read.
          You would have to weigh them, look at how much prep went into them compared to factory lapua & then look at all the aspects like annealing & case life
          RWS is supposed to be good from what I hear??
          You just cant beat Lapua for quality & value IMO.

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            I have weighed Federal and they were the worst all over the place. Then Winchester then Remington then Lapua. The Lapua for 300 cases had 2 distinct groups 2-3 grains apart. Awesome!

I know the op has bought sako brass but don't discount the nosler Custom brass. It's Norma brass that's weight batched and prepped already.

Steve

Comment

SAKO, Norma, Lapua, RWS (actually most european brands) are usually excellent cases.
            The Euro Makers actually care about quality..
            [ul][li]Member:- SFP, SUQ, SSAA [/li]
            [li]Rimfire:- Savage MK II, FN 1926 , Liege 22Long, Win '04 , Lithgow 1B[/li]
            [li]Centrefire: - Mossberg 30-06 Sprg,270 win,Marlin 22-250[/li]
            [li]Handgun:- Ruger .357[/li]
            [li]Wishlist:- .22 Charger, 338WM[/li][/ul]

Comment

Thanks for the info, I would have assumed case weight would have been a fairly good indicator of volume. NBT

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                Good factory ammo comparo here for anyone interested http://www.snipercentral.com/matchammo.htm with some very interesting results like federal had the smallest group and a bog stock 700 out shot a tacops bravo 51 in quite a few of the groups

This rifle is a hunter so I'm not bothering to reload for it.

I've got Lapua for .338LM and RWS for 300WM. Some of the Laps are on load 10 and look like they will bolt 15 in. The RWS brass is still on batch 1 so I can't comment.

I've got a 100 of the SAKO factory loads so it will take a while to get through them. (At the current rate about 200 years ) All I really care is that they shoot well. I was very impressed with the Norma 178SPs but so was everyone else which means they are out of stock for a while. Also the SAKOs are lighter projies, which I prefer.

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                All that post and you aren't going to load, just want to know if they shoot good.
                Of course they do they're Sako.
            Working...
            X