short barrel .308 load

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • short barrel .308 load

    so im kind fo new to reloading only been doing it for about 2 years mainly for my 9mm
    just want to know what would be the best powder for a 16.5inch barrelled .308 150Gr
    I've already got ar2206h for reloading .223

    this will be in a Remington 7600 pump action so im not worried about it being super accurate i just want to be as fast as it can

    also do i have to chamfer the case every time i reload the case for my .223 and .308?

  • #2
    2206H would be a great place to start with that pill and barrel length. You generally want faster burning powders in shorter barrels.

    Comment


    • MrCarbine
      MrCarbine commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Sneeky253" post=31442
      2206H would be a great place to start with that pill and barrel length. You generally want faster burning powders in shorter barrels.

      As he says
      Also I would check the case length and trim if necessary. I would chamfer and clean primer pockets every time.

  • #3
    I've just started to reload for my Rem 7600 30-06
    using
    150gn Sierras
    starting with 46 grains of AR2206h
    as per ADI book
    I've made about 8 and will see how they go

    Comment


    • MrCarbine
      MrCarbine commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by AF2AF3" post=31484
      I've just started to reload for my Rem 7600 30-06
      using
      150gn Sierras
      starting with 46 grains of AR2206h
      as per ADI book
      I've made about 8 and will see how they go
      That's a fast powder for the '06. Try AR2209 or RL22, that's where performance begins

  • #4
    My 155 AMAX load for a 17" tube is 44.5gr of 2206H.

    Wicked velocities.
    Sometimes life gives you lambda points. Just chill, once the bubbling stops s'all good mate.

    Brotha's got spinners!

    Comment


    • Guest's Avatar
      Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      ok thanks guys ill give ar2206h a go and see what happens

  • #5
    it can't be worse than factory ammo blowing 2ft flames out the barrel
    plus I use the same powder for our Mosin

    Comment


    • Guest's Avatar
      Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by AF2AF3" post=31757
      it can't be worse than factory ammo blowing 2ft flames out the barrel
      plus I use the same powder for our Mosin
      oh yeah this thing chucks a huge flame with factory ammo
      you can see it in the middle of the day

  • #6
    How s ar 2208 go down a 20" tube

    Comment


    • Guest's Avatar
      Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      I posted this on another thread but you can get good velocities with 2208 - we got over 2800fps easily with a 165gr SST from my mates 20inch maddco 1:10

      with 46grains (max load as per the adi website) he got 2770fps in the same rifle compared to 2730fps from their 24inch test barrel - so it was actually 30fps faster from his 20inch compared to the (test) 24inch

      this was with a brand new barrel as well - so the velocity should actually increase over the next 2-400 rounds

      EDIT: sorry this is for a 308 (not a 30-06)
Working...
X