bullet puller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bullet puller

Hi dont know what you guys use for a bullet puller but if you need to extract bullets try the hornady bullet puller it is much better than the old kinetic hammer

Originally posted by ax338" post=28995
    Hi dont know what you guys use for a bullet puller but if you need to extract bullets try the hornady bullet puller it is much better than the old kinetic hammer
    Sounds similar in concept to the RCBS Collet Bullet Puller, which is great to use also, much quicker and easier to use than banging away on a plastic hammer type deal. Just don't over tighten the collet type pullers or you will mark the projectile.
    Whacking Varmints is my passion!

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      is the Hornady one caliber specific? or do they have a selection of dies/inserts?

Has any body used this type:

http://www.titanreloading.com/gripnpull

For pulling my cast bullets I just use a pair of crimping pliers, putting the bullet into the press, rising it so the cast bullet is just above the top frame of the press, grabbing it with the crimping pliers and lowering the ram. Obviously this destroys the bullet - not a problem with cast bullets. This Grip-n-pull looks like it would work with the jacketed type.

Comment

• ax338
      ax338 commented
      Editing a comment
      Cant say ive seen them

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      I recently picked up a Gripnpull in pistol calibres from Titan. I pulled a few reloads with no problem or damage to the projectile. I had a box of 40 cal that I pulled a couple for my son to make a couple if inert rounds with a kinetic hammer, I had to belt the crap out of the hammer to dislodge the prijectile and tried one of these with the Gripnpull, no problem at all. I have a spare cheap Lee single stage C frame press that I use to save disrupting my other press which I would probably recommend.
Working...
X