410 reloading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 410 reloading

I am chasing 410 2.5 inch plastic hulls for reloading, can any one tell me where I can buy them from,

Try "Shooters" wholesale warehouse in ACT.

Comment

Originally posted by dunmovin" post=28049
      I am chasing 410 2.5 inch plastic hulls for reloading, can any one tell me where I can buy them from,
      You can make 410 brass shells put of .303 brass.

They will last you for a very long time.

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by El-Skippo " post=28071
        Originally posted by dunmovin" post=28049
        You can make 410 brass shells put of .303 brass.

They will last you for a very long time.
        You can but make sure they will fit your gun.
        I looked at it and it would have required me to turn down the rim diameter and possible thickness as well.
        If you want brass then Mag tek make 2.5 brass 410's for reloading, if you don't have a 410 reloading kit then brass is a good option. I use some of the mag tek and some brass 3" formed from 9.3x74r for loading BP rounds.

If you come across any of the old style Winchester hulls in 3" (not HS) in your search flick me a PM I would be interested in them.

Again with the recycled brass malarky. Okay if you're shooting off a handful a time, but not viable if shooting more than a packet an outing on a regular basis.

My advice, cough up and buy a slab of winchester AA's. You'll get 8+ loads per hull before the crimp gives out, then cut the crimp off and roll crimp just short of 2 1/2 inch for another 4-6 loads. Recondition the primer pocket with a drift punch mid life. Go easy with the max loads if not using Win 296/AD2205, 'lil gun and 410 cooks cases a tad quicker

GB's with the roll crimp are okay, but you need to resize the brass.

I do have 1000 once fired 3inch crimped Remington hulls that may be surplus to my needs

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        What are using to close the crimp? Mine dies after the first crimp.

That why I use brass magtech.

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Win88,
        Are you interested in getting rid of a few hundred of your 410 cases. I could do with some if you could spare them. Where are you located?
        Regards
        Les

How many are you after ?

I have a quantity of once fired star crimped RIO cases
      This post may be fact or opinion, it is up to you to decide which.

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        I roll the crimp on my 444 Marlin shells using ice cream lid punched wads over the shot and the marlin crimp die. Winchester wads.

I use .444 Marlin brass, Winchester red 410 wads, 296 powder and large pistol primers, and punch out a cardboard circle circle from a shotgun ammo box and gently roll crimp the end in a .444 die.

Works well fro me in my ATA folding single.

cheers

Rich

Comment

Working...
      X