Dumb question about reloading dies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumb question about reloading dies

I'm doing a bit of research on what reloading gear to buy, and I'd like to know if different brand dies are compatible with other brand presses. If I buy a Lee press can I use RCBS dies etc. are the threads the same is there some other factor that would stop me using Hornady dies in a Redding press etc.

Cheers,

Several.
    Not suitable for mature audiences

yes, as long as the dies and press both use 7/8" threads they will be compatible between brands

steve

edit: when you decide what you want to buy check out midway australia on ebay, zhen provides a great service and good prices too

steve

Comment

• TheOtherLeft
      TheOtherLeft commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by 6602steven" post=27825
      yes, as long as the dies and press both use 7/8" threads they will be compatible between brands

steve

edit: when you decide what you want to buy check out midway australia on ebay, zhen provides a great service and good prices too

steve
      Have to disagree with Midway Aust on ebay.

Yep the majority of dies will be 7/8ths x 14tpi Lee RCBS Lyman. You should be prety safe with most US leading brand names.
    I am running Lee press and both Lee and Hornady dies. No complaints with either.

Symplex are the only ones I am aware of that run with either 7/8ths or 5/8ths. I did own some Simplex gear on the 5/8th dies once, only because it was the only thing you could get for .310 cadet at the time. I dont miss that gear!

I have delt with both midway aust. and western firearms. Both take your money and both deliver the goods.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      I have to agree with LtFD. I've also dealt with both and would be happy to do so again.

• Pitty
      Pitty commented
      Editing a comment
      Get a couple of extra die bushing if buying a lee press. Makes changing dies so much quicker.
Working...
X