Anealing Service

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Anealing Service

    A mate mine (Already an operating gunsmith) is thinking of setting up an annealing service, just wondering how many out there would use such a service if it was available and given reasonable prices.

  • #2
    Mmmm.

    Postage both ways, maybe $15/100 cases

    That may already make it too expensive. I like the idea, post off a hundred dirty thrice fired cases and get back shiny annealed cases a week later. I dont mean to poo poo the idea but I can't see it being economical for interstate shooters.

    Steve

    Comment


    • El-Skippo
      Skip commented
      Editing a comment
      I am half way building my own.

      Most of the parts were scavenged. So it's going to be a cheap one.

    • jasmay
      jasmay commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by 6602steven" post=27038
      Mmmm.

      Postage both ways, maybe $15/100 cases

      That may already make it too expensive. I like the idea, post off a hundred dirty thrice fired cases and get back shiny annealed cases a week later. I dont mean to poo poo the idea but I can't see it being economical for interstate shooters.

      Steve
      Agree Steve, has to be cost effective, but what would you pay to extend the life of fully prepped brass? I know some people in the competition arena that woudl pay dearly to revive a set of cases that worked well in a particular chamber.

      May or may not be viable for hunters... Interesting concept though.....

  • #3
    skip's anealer of.............awesome?

    Comment


    • El-Skippo
      Skip commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Send-it" post=27181
      skip's anealer of.............awesome?
      When i have it all done and all tweaked i'll do a write up, but for now.....It's still a work in progress. When it's done and all the tweak's nutted out. I'll upgrade from wood to ally. ( but wood's cheap and i got a bit of it ) so i am using that for the build thus far. also working on the wiring.

  • #4
    Originally posted by jasmay" post=27036
    A mate mine (Already an operating gunsmith) is thinking of setting up an annealing service, just wondering how many out there would use such a service if it was available and given reasonable prices.

    Could be economical to supply new annealed brass, possibly with flash holes and lengths checked.
    Postage one way, and possible mark up on materials.

    Comment


    • #5
      Sorry jasmay but I think 6602 steven is correct. I don't see how it can be affordable. I purchased a Bench-source Vertex machine in March last year and even with paying to get it sent over from the USA it payed for it'self in the first year. I purchased the machine because I do a lot of case forming, a process that for some cases requires annealing a number of times.

      Comment


      • El-Skippo
        Skip commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by L579" post=27271
        Sorry jasmay but I think 6602 steven is correct. I don't see how it can be affordable. I purchased a Bench-source Vertex machine in March last year and even with paying to get it sent over from the USA it payed for it'self in the first year. I purchased the machine because I do a lot of case forming, a process that for some cases requires annealing a number of times.
        That's why i am building my own one - i seen the price tag on them puppy's But as you say, for your need....She's golden But she sure is a beauty

      • jasmay
        jasmay commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by L579" post=27271
        Sorry jasmay but I think 6602 steven is correct. I don't see how it can be affordable. I purchased a Bench-source Vertex machine in March last year and even with paying to get it sent over from the USA it payed for it'self in the first year. I purchased the machine because I do a lot of case forming, a process that for some cases requires annealing a number of times.
        I use the benchsource as well, but IMHO they are cost prohibitive to the average shooter. We'll see how it goes, I guess its for some and not others....

    • #6
      maybe an old record player.
      might go slow enough.

      Comment


      • fishphillott
        fishphillott commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by Send-it" post=27333
        maybe an old record player.
        might go slow enough.
        There are probably people here who have never seen/heard of of a contraption called a record player lol
    Working...
    X