Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on 30-06 Sabot's for bunny's

G'day Shooters.

I had a thought to load some bunny ammo for my 30-06 and was wondering if a sabot holding a .223 proj would be kind enough to the unfortunate bunny as i would like to eat him. :P
    Also where would one find such a delicious setup as my dealers website does not list them.

Any other thoughts on bunny loads are welcome too.

Cheers.

Remington used to make them but proved to be inaccurate and pretty useless. They are no longer produced. Get the bunnies with a full power 180g cartridge....or get a smaller caliber if you want to eat them.
    I'm in love with Jennifer Hawkins and Alessandra Ambrosio

Comment

• S12A
      S12A commented
      Editing a comment
      Pretty expensive way to hunt bunnies but please post results if you end up doing it.

Originally posted by Lead Slinger" post=24994
    G'day Shooters.

I had a thought to load some bunny ammo for my 30-06 and was wondering if a sabot holding a .223 proj would be kind enough to the unfortunate bunny as i would like to eat him. :P
    Also where would one find such a delicious setup as my dealers website does not list them.

Any other thoughts on bunny loads are welcome too.

Cheers.
    I know accelerator load's were banned in WA, due to the pill being in sabote and not being traceable. Also the accracy was a issue with the round's. just shoot them with a normal 30 cal round. ( Funny thing is they ban them accelorator load's from remingtion......Yet you can by as much shot gun ammo as one please's ( they are in a wad/sabot )

Also the sabot's are not common, there was some on used gun's about 1 year ago and sold very quick.

Comment

This is what Remington used to put out.

Click image for larger version

Name:	220009.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	38872

Comment

Wow, now that's some quick reply's.

Reason I'm asking is because I'm planning on going on a deer hunt soon and have a choice of two areas one being national park(no rifles less that 270) or state forest(possibly holds said bunny's) and I'm not sure which camping ground will be better for me. Because i cant take my 22 if i go to the national park i want my 06 to do both.
        ....... Actually never mind what i was planning is still not kosher lol.

That being said those remmies look interesting

Thanks all.

Comment

Just remember in the legal deer hunting areas of National Parks in Vic vermin hunting is illegal....weird rule I must admit. As for State Forests just blow the bunnies up with the .30-06 or lug around a .22, .17 or similar as well if you're after a feed.

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Just a thought but could you use an fmj to head shoot them? I've never actually tried one on game but if it just pinholed instead of fragmenting it would probably work

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah i know varmint hunting in national parks is illegal.
            Trouble is if i stay at the camp in the national park (o'tools campground) i cannot posses my .22 or anything smaller than a .270 thus eliminating the possibility of driving to the state forest and getting some dinner.
            If I'm the SF i would be fine however i don't know how busy the area is(chaffe creek, off big river road) and i don't want to exclude o'tools should chaffe creek be busy.

Confusing and slightly off topic i know.

As far as I'm aware it's legal to travel through National Parks in Vic with any caliber rifle. Just don't use ones less than a .270 in a legal deer area.

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Really, i had heard that even taking a rifle smaller than .270 into a national park was cause for a severe beating.
            Now this i have to research.

Thanks for that.
        Working...
        X