Best Brass for 308

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Brass for 308

Getting serious about some reloading with 308, I have various brass all once fired.
    The problem is which is considered by those that do reload, the "best" brand.
    I don`t have Lapua just normal run of the mill factory stuff.

On hand in no particular order I have.

PPU or Highland same thing I understand.

Winchester Palma Match.

Federal.

Remington

Hornady SP.

Mag Tech ( I believe its actually Serbian may even be PPU under another name .
    Powder will be 2208 over CCI Primers.
    Some will be used on a range but most will be hunting loads in the 150 grn range.
    All will be shot from Omarks or in the --- 222 still on the cards I will be using the Tikka LSA 55.

TIA For your thoughts.
    [center]
    Don’t poke the snake, walk around it and come back later with a double-barrelled shotgun and blow its [email protected]#!ing head off!.

Australia in future, the outcome is the same, a bloody dictatorship run on the whims of a very few ego-centric pathological elitists.

Free brass is always the best.

Second to that is once fired pretty cheap.

Comment

• El-Skippo
      Skip commented
      Editing a comment
      Winchester Palma match ( isn't that a small primer instead of large ? )

I would think the Win palma brass would be the best
    Or..... you could purchase some Lapua parma and be done with it
    JH

Comment

Mag Tech ( I believe its actually Serbian may even be PPU under another name .
      I think it is Bazilian

Comment

• S12A
        S12A commented
        Editing a comment
        Not a smaller primer in the winchester palma match cases if they are from the NRAA palma match ammo that had the 155gr HBC Dyer proj. I am unaware of them making other palma brass either.

The confusion is that lapua palma match doea indeed have a small primer pocket.

I had a mixture of brass when I first started reloading, but now all my brass is Remington.
      I can honestly say that I’ve never had any issues with it either.

Comment

Thanks for the info shooters.
        NF
        [center]
        Don’t poke the snake, walk around it and come back later with a double-barrelled shotgun and blow its [email protected]#!ing head off!.

Australia in future, the outcome is the same, a bloody dictatorship run on the whims of a very few ego-centric pathological elitists.

Comment

Still in clean up mode I have 200 winchester 308 once fired brass , 200 308 in link not winchester and probably 1000 links in liner PM if anybody interested cheap to clear.

Comment

Working...
          X