.410 reloading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .410 reloading

Hi Guys, as the title suggests, I am wanting to reload .410 cartridges, as the cheapest factory ammo I can get is $23 for a box of 25 for Federals , and the price will apparently go up again soon.

Could anyone suggest a press for these that is a good starting kit?

I was hoping to reload for my 12ga as well, but the guy at my LGS said that the shot is too dear at the moment, so if anyone has some idea of getting/making cheaper shot, that would also be appreciated

Thanks, Jason

hi just bought a MEC jr in 410 for $330,simple set up,you could buy a shot mould and make the shot your self

Comment

The 'Lee Loader' is a good.
      i have one, its a good one to start out with.
      sometimes 2nd hand (recycled) lead shot can be purchased through the clay target clubs, or a member of it.
      it comes from the background topsoil being scraped, washed and sifted through.
      by the time you buy it, its perfectly presented shot.
      i use it and its fine. its about a 3rd of the price, making it worth while.

Comment

Thanks guys, I have looked into both of those before, lee loader would be great but trying to find one is nearly impossible, apart from a copy made by a bloke in the states.

As for the 2nd hand shot, the clay club I go to shoots over the sea, so I don't think that's going to happen :lol:

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Originally posted by Jase150" post=23172
          Thanks guys, I have looked into both of those before, lee loader would be great but trying to find one is nearly impossible, apart from a copy made by a bloke in the states.
          A search for lanes reloader will bring up plenty of hits for the lee style.
          If you are only reloading a box or two a month it is probably the most economical choice.
      Working...
      X