Spilt propellant while reloading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spilt propellant while reloading

I did some reloading today and managed to spill some Unique propellant on the garage floor, i guess about a cupped hand full. I brushed it up along with the dust and other bits of rubbish that a garage floor collects and put it into an empty plastic propellant container. It might seem a stupid question, but what is the best, safest, legal way to get rid of it? Just throwing it in the bin seems too simple.

just put it on the garden.

Comment

pretty safe to just bin it.
      it doesn't give off vapours like petrol, so its not likely to ever ignite.
      but if you're worried about it, drizzle water on it too.

Comment

Put it on the garden or just burn it off. I heard its good for plants. For small amounts I usually just put it in a steel bowl and burn it off.

Comment

Grab the vacuum cleaner, throw a t-shirt or cloth over the nozzle and suck it up then just take the cloth off and throw the powder on the lawn, its harmless

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Outgunned" post=21540
            I did some reloading today and managed to spill some Unique propellant on the garage floor, i guess about a cupped hand full. I brushed it up along with the dust and other bits of rubbish that a garage floor collects and put it into an empty plastic propellant container. It might seem a stupid question, but what is the best, safest, legal way to get rid of it? Just throwing it in the bin seems too simple.
            Excellent fertiliser, wet it in well or it may burn, as in too strong not flash hehe.

Comment

Yep, scatter it on the garden and water in
              If I knew I was gonna live this long I would've taken better care of myself

Comment

find a non combustible place on concrete..etc and running out like they do on tv and set fire to it and watch the pretty colors....unless confined it doesn't explode

Comment

• sn@abrc
                  [email protected] commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I wouldnt recommend using a vacuum with spilt powder,

One of our club members used his wifes dustbuster to clean up split powder [accumulated B.P. and smokeless] on and around his reloading bench.

His wife came home before the smoke cleared, it took a lot more than replacing the new dustbuster to calm her down.

wipe up with a damp rag, chuck in the garden or on the lawn.
              Working...
              X