500 Jeffery plus 700 grn VLD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 500 Jeffery plus 700 grn VLD

Gday People I was wondering if any body can help. I have built up a 500 Jeffery over a few years, ZKK 602 Brno reciver with a heavy 1 in 9 twist barrel, I currently use 655 grn Gi BMG projectiles, alliant reloader 15 powder, Bertram brass with not bad success , I would like to try some Woodleigh 700 grn VLD's would any body know if there is a formula on how to calculate the weight for a powder charge as a starting load for the heaver projectile. ADI wasn't able to help and I can not find any thing on the interweb Yeah go on, say it,, why would you want to?. Did'nt some one once say "don't ask why ask why not" I think it was JFK. I could go on and tell you why but maybe another time.

Kind regards
    Gi-joe

Maybe 'Quick load' could help you out, or call the bullet or powder manufacturers, its not exactly run of the mill

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for that SimonEd ill give them a go

Originally posted by Gi-joe" post=19088
    tw
    Did'nt some one once say "don't ask why ask why not"
    Gi-joe
    coz when you squeeze that trigger, I can only imagine that you'll be sitting on your backside, wondering where all your fillings went. :lol:
    well it would be for me I suppose.
    does sound rather interesting though.
    would make for a hell of a silhouette pistol. :lol:
    as someone else said, would love to see pics of both rifle and a full cartridge.
    what sort of accuracy are you getting at the moment?.

Comment

• El-Skippo
      Skip commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Send-it" post=19929
      Originally posted by Gi-joe" post=19088
      tw
      Did'nt some one once say "don't ask why ask why not"
      Gi-joe
      coz when you squeeze that trigger, I can only imagine that you'll be sitting on your backside, wondering where all your fillings went. :lol:
      well it would be for me I suppose.
      does sound rather interesting though.
      as someone else said, would love to see pics of both rifle and a full cartridge.
      what sort of accuracy are you getting at the moment?.
      I like the sound of this build.

The one build I will like to do one day if its even possible, here in the land of ground upon. It the 700 WTF ( for hunting dinosurs ) I would give my left nut to have that beast in my safe. Even if it was to only fire a few times a year. e dry ones gotta have "that gun" that makes ya gigs like a school girl. I fell in love instantly when I read about it on the cast bolits forum

But the 700 WTF most Likly will be dream in the not so free. But I am going to try When I get to Mexico

that's a lot of powder!
    does it still take a normal sized primer?

Comment

• El-Skippo
      Skip commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Send-it" post=20081
      that's a lot of powder!
      does it still take a normal sized primer?
      The 700 WTF is a fire formed 50 cal then trimmed to 3". Burns close to 200 grns of powder for a 1135 grn pill. But have heard of a few guys using 70 grn of trail boss.

They use a bmg primer ( but if I can build one here .700 WTF my dream fun gun ) I guess I'll have to buy those screw in adapters and use lrg rifle mag primers. As I am sure getting bmg primers here are going to be a pain in the butt.

Its my dream plenty of time. If all else fails I might go this Jeffery or be slak and get a 505 Gibbs

But 700 WTF is the aim ( one I hope will come true next year or the year after )

hey skip, could you make it from full length brass shotgun shells?
    you could use the standard shotgun primer.

Comment

• El-Skippo
      Skip commented
      Editing a comment
      Unsure.
Working...
X