Forster Co-Ax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forster Co-Ax

I've been looking for a Forster Co-Ax press in the usual places for a while now with no joy. If anyone knows where I may be able to find one in a reasonable time frame for a reasonable price I would be eternally grateful. Not fussy on new or used.

Originally posted by Preston" post=18163
    I've been looking for a Forster Co-Ax press in the usual places for a while now with no joy. If anyone knows where I may be able to find one in a reasonable time frame for a reasonable price I would be eternally grateful. Not fussy on new or used.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Forster-Co-Ax-Reloading-Press-/131025651274
    Whacking Varmints is my passion!

Comment

What places have you checked? I assume HSS and BRT. You may want to list them so someone may come up with another idea.

I cant believe there are still shortages, I found it hard to get one early this year and apparantly bought the last one then. No doubt a few more have sold since but supply must be very limited. Do Forster need a bigger factory? The limited availibility must keep the price up so it may suit them?

Others may disagree but I think they are worth the wait if you can find one, just so smooth to operate - lovely to use, Ill stir the pot - 'the sako of the reloading world'.

Just saw - good find Varm.

Comment

Cheers for having a look on eBay for me but for $350 I'd be expecting something that wasn't rusty and missing parts. I've been trying BRT, used guns and eBay. Will have to give HSS a go.

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          I got this response from BRT almost a month ago 27/9:

"Hi Jaso,
          Sorry about our delay. Delays are unfortunately standard in every aspect of the shooting industry now. The Forster Coax press is no exception. We have 100 on backorder with Forster. Some of those since last December. They informed us two weeks they have 40 ready for us. So they are coming. Unfortunately we have more than 40 names on our wait list. But it is possible some will decline to offer so I will add your name and email to that list.
          Not sure on price yet but my guess is about $420.00
          We have paid the invoice but that is not all the costs so until they are "landed" in store and through Customs we cannot set that yet. Still we are not expecting much difference from last lot."

Haven't heard anything more back yet so I'm guessing there was either further delay, the shipment is yet to arrive or there were 40 others before me on the list that were willing to buy. Hoping I get an offer to get one in the next few weeks!

• Varminator
          Varminator commented
          Editing a comment
          Originally posted by Preston" post=18213
          Cheers for having a look on eBay for me but for $350 I'd be expecting something that wasn't rusty and missing parts. I've been trying BRT, used guns and eBay. Will have to give HSS a go.
          I take it you know you can bid on it? $73 US at the moment. Good luck with the hunt mate.
      Working...
      X