ADI Handloaders Guide 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADI Handloaders Guide 2013

Anyone had a chance to have a decent read of the 2013 guide yet - thoughts?
    (I havent read through it thoroughly yet.)

I have just downloaded a copy as I want to try some 8208 loads. I like to printout relevant cal pages and put notes on them (keep a hardcopy clean when I get it).

Link below for anyone interested or who doesnt have a hard copy.

ADI 2013 handloaders guide

Thanks for the heads up. 6mm/223 is in there now, will have to tell friend who is working one up. I feel the calibre headings are not very clear, easy to scroll past what you are looking for, great source of data however.

Lots of interesting things in there however - never heard of a 500 Cyrus before - ouch, glad I don't have to pay to feed that or fire it!

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Downloaded it and also picked up a hard copy from my LGS.

Found it was a little hard to find the right page for your rifle by flicking though the pages, but on a big positive I found it has data for AR2206 (no longer made) reprinted in it for those of us that still have some that is a big plus.

BM

Instead of printing out "the relevant pages", why not use the link from the web site home page and select the Rifle / Pistol / Shotgun / Single Action Data link for the cartridge/s that you're interested in, then print direct from the "Print" button. You'd probably have some blank space on the printed page for your notes, and leave your Guide unmolested / for reference.
    If you use the link to select your data from the drop down list, you can't really 'miss' the one you're after.
    They have tried to make it easy.
    This is true Liberty, when free born men, having to advise the public, may speak free. (Euripides 480 - 406BC)

Comment

• Vromme
      Vromme commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by no1_49er" post=14192
      Instead of printing out "the relevant pages", why not use the link from the web site home page and select the Rifle / Pistol / Shotgun / Single Action Data link for the cartridge/s that you're interested in, then print direct from the "Print" button. You'd probably have some blank space on the printed page for your notes, and leave your Guide unmolested / for reference.
      If you use the link to select your data from the drop down list, you can't really 'miss' the one you're after.
      They have tried to make it easy.
      That is not a bad idea either, I just find the PDF version a tad easier, the gn bullets are in one box and they have highlighted ever second line (may need to look at both side by side to see what I mean). There is a bit more free space on the PDF version as well to make small notes on (there was more clear space in the older 2010 PDF guide).

pdf version loaded on a cheap android tablet or ebook reader perfect solution
    [ul][li]Member:- SFP, SUQ, SSAA [/li]
    [li]Rimfire:- Savage MK II, FN 1926 , Liege 22Long, Win '04 , Lithgow 1B[/li]
    [li]Centrefire: - Mossberg 30-06 Sprg,270 win,Marlin 22-250[/li]
    [li]Handgun:- Ruger .357[/li]
    [li]Wishlist:- .22 Charger, 338WM[/li][/ul]

Comment

interesting on page 69 its starts talking about 357 mag. Ihave a 77/357 so its out of an 18.5" barrel. I note there are a few powder choices which give varying FPS velocities. I know that AP70 is slower burning hand gun powder and AP2205 is faster burning rifle powder. Would you need a different kind of proge. to throw bullets with AP2205 as compared with AP70. or will standard lead be fine. What I mean to say is will that kind of change in velocity mean I need a jacketed proge? Any thoughts for the educated would be appreciated.
      "He got the whole nine yards" - as it happens World War II (1939–1945) aircraft machine gun belts (US 50 cal) were nine yards long.

Comment

• Spurious
        Spurious commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by Laflamme" post=14751
        interesting on page 69 its starts talking about 357 mag. Ihave a 77/357 so its out of an 18.5" barrel. I note there are a few powder choices which give varying FPS velocities. I know that AP70 is slower burning hand gun powder and AP2205 is faster burning rifle powder. Would you need a different kind of proge. to throw bullets with AP2205 as compared with AP70. or will standard lead be fine. What I mean to say is will that kind of change in velocity mean I need a jacketed proge? Any thoughts for the educated would be appreciated.
        I'm pretty sure the ADI guide stipulates whether or not a particular load is for a lead or a jacketed projie, by having an " L " in front of the projie weight.
        The guide usually has load data for BOTH lead and jacketed projies, if they are available in the same grain weight.

Unless, of course, I'm misunderstanding something here.
    Working...
    X