Ladder test and sighting in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ladder test and sighting in

Hey guys just a question. I am going to do a ladder test for my sako trg 338lm. Im about to make up some rounds for sighting in and the ladder test, however im not sure what charge to put in the sighting in rounds. Im thinking middle of the recommended min to max charge weights.
    Any thoughts on this?
    Thanks

start at the mins mate....it is a forgiving round, but your OAL, powder, chamber, primer, projie.. etc...all vary....dont fark it up... t"ake your time..enjoy"....a lady i once knew in thailand gave me that advice.....i love the process of working up and shooting a load....*even in my rifles and pistols ....enjoy every moment....snipershide.com reloading will have some good advice

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      What was her name???

• BlueBikesBlackGuns
      BlueBikesBlackGuns commented
      Editing a comment
      Mid is perfect for sighting in.

Inspect your cases and primers for flattening and obviously if you seeing problems with the case or flattend primers your too hot.

For your ladder start low increase in increments every round and inspect every case and stop your test when the show signs of overpressure.

The first thing I do is find the max load for the particular powder, bullet, COAL, primer combo. So lets say you have chosen a 300gr pill and are using AR2225. I load the first round at the recommended min load, which in this case is 85gr, then I fire it and look for pressure signs. If there are none I will go up a grain and fire it again and so on. Lets say that you have done this and find that your acceptable max load for this combo was 93gr of AR2225 I would then load up 10 rounds starting at 93gr and then dropping by, in this case, .5 gr increments. so that would give you 1 loaded round at 93gr, the next at 92.5gr etc etc. For sighting in I load a few more rounds of the lowest amount of powder. This way I know that I am starting at the bottom of the target and the bullets should only impact higher from that point. That's how I do it anyway.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Thats a good way of doing it. Will probably do it like that.
Working...
X