Hand loading costing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hand loading costing

I've put up a couple of pages that allow you to enter powder,case,bullet and primer cost along with the quantities of case,bullet and primer numbers purchased (shows default at 1000 but you can change that too before calculation). Enter in the powder load and hit calculate and it will show cost individual, per 50, per 1000.
    There is a link at the bottom of each to select either Imperial or Metric weight of powder purchased, since I've been told it can be purchased in either weight and the javascript for each page takes this into account.

The links are : Imperial weight powder and Metric weight powder.
    If someone would be so kind to check them out and test them against their knowledge and experience and give some feedback I would appreciate it greatly. Also if you think it is of any use too would be great as well.

Thank you in advance

Hey, Uncle, thats bloody brilliant, I have always done my costings manually, with the same formula. This is much easier matches my data for all caliberes I load from 9mm to 45 ACP. Now how do we set it up for use at home, or can you e-mail it ???? I'm Not real computer literate

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Bloody fantastic, a most brilliant costing method, thanks.
      Only issue now is if one ever buys any rounds at a club, or other for many dollars, they know the possible actual cost, then someone will chime in and say, YEA, what about our labour and packaging.

• NoFerals
      NoFerals commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Robar" post=12373
      Hey, Uncle, thats bloody brilliant, I have always done my costings manually, with the same formula. This is much easier matches my data for all caliberes I load from 9mm to 45 ACP. Now how do we set it up for use at home, or can you e-mail it ???? I'm Not real computer literate
      Me Either Robar but if you have the page up and you goto / top menu bar /File /Save page As / Web page complete.
      Make sure you designate it to your desktop and then you can file it away any where later.
      It will be saved with the .htm extension
      To operate the calculator you open the page as you saved it and run down to the links in the topic and the calculator works.
      Might only work for as long as the original is on a server some where but it works here now.
      I just dumped some dummy figures in there and it worked ok.

NF

Looks great!!!!! Really like how you can simply change the amount of items used, like changing brass from 1000 to 50. Makes it really easy. Only thing I don't like is that it shows me how much i'm spending on reloading!!!!!!!

Comment

• Laflamme
      Laflamme commented
      Editing a comment
      okay i am about to say something that is possibly very ignorant i apologize ahead of time.
      I was under the distinct impression that all powder weight (and all reloading specs in general) were measured in imperial (foolish Americans) so why do we have a metric calculator? Is it popular to reload in metric? This is probably an important question to get answered as I will be reloading my own .357 mag in February and getting the right kind of scale will be fairly important.

Like I said I ask because I don't know and for no other reason then to gain knowledge form some intelligent person out there.

I was told in another thread where I asked questions that powder came in Imperial and metric containers depending on where you purchased it. So I modified the javascript as I researched and found out there are 7000 grains to a pound and 15432.3584 to a kilo so to be accurate I needed to do both.
    At the moment I only have this as a webpage setup and at this stage not smart enough to set it up as a stand alone application to be run on a computer.
    Thanks for the replies and feedback.

Comment

I've found the biggest cost savings can be achieve with projectile choice - ie the ballistic tip type are often one of the most expensive and some of the soft point/hollow point versions can be a fair bit cheaper and buying bulk of anything will save you a few $$$ - not huge savings but still worth doing if you can afford to buy in bulk.
      Whacking Varmints is my passion!

Comment

this calculator seems to work very well i have filed the link for later use. thank you how long do you think it will work.
        "He got the whole nine yards" - as it happens World War II (1939–1945) aircraft machine gun belts (US 50 cal) were nine yards long.

Comment

Nice calculator, I have done a similar thing in excel for each rifle, but I did mine with a brass and no brass calculation so I can see how much my regular loads cost, as I only buy new brass when I need to, using factory or reuse what I have till it needs to be thrown out. If I can find it when I get home will post it here also

Comment

• Yoshie
            Yoshie commented
            Editing a comment
            Awesome job!!

This is my calculator as promised, it still has all of my data in it because im lazy.
          Just fill in the yellow boxes and it will do the rest, powder weight is in grams.
          Attached Files

Comment

I don't like to calculate the costs anymore. I did it once and discovered how much I was spending on ammo lol. Better to be kept in the dark rather than counting how many $ you spend each time you pull the trigger lol.

This was the calc i came up with, also allows you to work out how many rounds you'll need to do a full spectrum load test.

Enjoy.

ShaunsReloadingPlanner.xlsx

Comment

Working...
            X