Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win Mag 300

Hi

I have been asked to reload some Win Mag 300 rounds for a friend. I have a lot of 308 172gn projectiles that I dont use and will use for his reloads. I am unsure what powder to use. I want to use 2209 (66gns) but am not totally sure. What are you guys using and what would you suggest.

Paul

2213c

Load for mine was warm ( so not giving you exact load )

From memory starting load for a 175 grn was 72 or 73 grn

Comment

I always found my 300 needed hot loads to shoot.

I used 2213s and I found it was always a issue trying to fill the cases to 90% or more when using heavy pills.
      This resulted in most of my loads going 1 or 2 gr over the max listed in the manual.

I also headspaced off the shoulder instead of the belt.
      Whats your take on this skip?

JH

Comment

• El-Skippo
        Skip commented
        Editing a comment
        I am running 79.2 grn of 2225 for a 208 amax running 2905 fps out a 24" factory barrel.

I am off the belt ATM

When I get to making a OAL and my new barrel for it I might consider changing my ways

I had good success with 180 and 190 grn pils ESP the game kings ( made plenty of a mess on a camels head. )

I like the idea of a big banger .... I love mine, VIC will be the time I get a bigger bang.

Till then long live the 300 Winnie the Pooh

This issue with mine is this .004 off the lands.

im getting good results from 67gn of 2209 with 180gn pills. I tried all the experts opinions on powders when I bought the new sako and had poor results at best.
      Went back to an old mates recipe he used in his sendero and amazingly, grouping really well.

Comment

• El-Skippo
        Skip commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by NTScout" post=12217
        im getting good results from 67gn of 2209 with 180gn pills. I tried all the experts opinions on powders when I bought the new sako and had poor results at best.
        Went back to an old mates recipe he used in his sendero and amazingly, grouping really well.
        I had ok result's with 69 grn 2209 with 180 SGK, but for my rifle 2213c was good for 168-190 grn pill's. 2225 for the 208 ( 2209 and 2213c were no good ) These day's it's just the 208 ( i got a 308 and 6.5x47 to shoot light stuff. )

Every rifle like's there own brand. So your expert's opinion's are more or less what worked for them in there gear.

They don't call Load development ( the Load ) for a reason You gotta find that concoction that work's.

OP Seeing as it's not your rifle and it's your mate's that your loading for ( Load the starting load's ) Nothing more unless he is going to help you and he want's to RnD with it.

I'm using 76.5 grains of 2217 pushing 208 Amaxs at 2940 ft/sec. This is from a 30 inch tube so might not be as relevant to your purposes. Shooting lighter pills you should be able to really getém goin quick

Comment

I use 2213SC in my 300wm. My most effective and accurate load is 75gr 2213SC; 185GR Bergers.

Comment

Working...
        X