The most accurate Digital Scale known to reloaders is...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The most accurate Digital Scale known to reloaders is...

I reload mainly pistol calibres and i am looking for the best and most accurate digital scale you guys & girls can recommend.

Post links of where i can buy them too if you know...

and i don't want t have to sell a arm or a leg to buy one

Cheers!

Originally posted by Striker" post=11437
    I reload mainly pistol calibres and i am looking for the best and most accurate digital scale you guys & girls can recommend.

Post links of where i can buy them too if you know...

and i don't want t have to sell a arm or a leg to buy one

Cheers!
    You want the " best and most accurate digital scale "

Yet you don't want it to be bank breaker.....

Lab scales are perry exy and are worth it ( price reflects there performance ) some of these can weigh a single Kernal of powder.

But again they are not cheap.

Some balance beam scales can read a single Kernal and are quite cheap in the scheme of things.

Being you want it for pistol and not rifle ... I just don't see the point in dropping near $800 + on a lab quality scale. But then again its not my money.

Comment

• El-Skippo
      Skip commented
      Editing a comment
      Dam phone.....

The cheapest of lab scales is the gem pro 250 ( its accurate to .0001 of a grain ) want better its going to cost much more.

I don't reload and rely on the manufacturers to get it right. But I've read enough about it over the years to know what the go is kind of.

But like the Skip said you want accuracy. Be nothing worse than overcharging and having major pressure issues resulting in a chamber failure and possible injury.

Like anything you pay for quality....stay safe.
    I'm in love with Jennifer Hawkins and Alessandra Ambrosio

Comment

Thanks for your input so far..

Your absolutely right, no need to spend hundreds on super duper accurate, just enough for the accuracy I need for pistol calibres.

Keep suggestions and personal opinions flowing

Cheers!

Comment

Ditto Gem Pro 250 but you Might have to turn it on the night before. Not sure. Still experimenting.

Comment

• sirus17
          sirus17 commented
          Editing a comment
          Definitely not hornady digital scales haha

A few months back i looked into lab scales, nothing under $1k would read better than.001grams, not good enough for weighing .01g. Save your $$$

Your loading for a pistol? A powder thrower is accurate enough IMHO. Spend the $1k on training or better yet coaching.

buy a good thrower and a set of redding beam scales. Done.

Steve

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          have to agree with this - just about anything will work for pistol loads. I just use a lee autodisk and throw the charge straight into the case without weighing for my 357 carbine - it works very well with ball type powders (basically always within 0.05-0.1 of a grain (as tested from a gempro 250) this is more than adequate for pistol cals

Scales can only be as accurate as there user, check, double check and triple check.

Comment

Working...
        X