Black powder moulds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black powder moulds

If anyone has BP moulds in .50 and .32 and you want to part with them, please let me know,

Thanks..

I have a Lyman mould 515139C that throws a 350 gn .515" projie that doesn't work well in my 12.7x44R (Swedish equivalent of 50/70 but the case is not quite identical). I'm unlikely to need it for anything else. I don't imagine it will be much use for anything else but a BPCR but you didn't mention if you were using a BP breech loader or a front-stuffer. Let me know if you (or anyone else out here) can use it. I'd rather see it worn out by someone than sitting unused in my workshop.

Comment

• trumpychris
      trumpychris commented
      Editing a comment
      I am ultimately seeking moulds for muzzleloading. I have read somewhere about some guys casting the lee bullet designed for the 500 s&w magnum and using them with good results in the .50 cal ML rifles. I'll research your mould and get back to you.

Yours is a very wide question, specifically what muzzle loader? There are rifles for RB only and 'fast twist' barrels suitable for both RB and the Lee type REAL types.
    Hold still varmint, whilst I plugs ya!

Comment

• trumpychris
      trumpychris commented
      Editing a comment
      Euro arms. 50. Twist is 1/48 so suitable for RB and conicals.

I would have thought that the Lee 500 S&W bullet was too long, but they seem to get results from 1/48 twist rifles.
Working...
X