Lee Pot leaking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lee Pot leaking

So my Lee showed up today so after i wired it up i let it warm up and then the fun started

the first few pounds of lead when something like this

Click image for larger version

Name:	1488179_10202623739584973_1056988507_n.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	57458

and then the leaks stopped so i cast a few bullets that didn't turn out to bad

then on shutoff i walked in for a piss and came back out and found my Xmas tree

Name:	1511327_10202623963950582_1762985925_n.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	57459

So i think the problem is that the flow screw doesn't sit in the gap on the control rod

Name:	1538678_10202624043712576_331697148_n.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	57460
    Don't know if you can tell in the photo but the screw sits below the gap instead of in it is that right ?

Looks like your lead may be a bit crappy and need fluxing, also try not to let the level get to low as it lets the scummy stuff into the outlet.
    That's been my experience anyway.
    Not suitable for mature audiences

Comment

The lead seems fine to me been fluxed a lot of times before i made then into ingots

and as for letting it getting low it's a brand new pot never going to go down under half now it's full

Comment

http://www.news.com.au/video/id-thaTRnaTrROy1_hFHZ3B96iOH0Zzzroo/Casting-a-fire-ant-colony-with-molten-aluminum

Might be able to give this bloke a run with your tree and table snakes.

Comment

and the ****en thing broke this really isn't my bloody year

Anybdoy know where to get replacement parts

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Originally posted by Rat man407" post=46125
            Nearly over mate.

• several
            several commented
            Editing a comment
            Originally posted by Rat man407" post=46125

Anybdoy know where to get replacement parts
            TitanReloading in the US will have everything you may need.

Originally posted by Rat man407" post=46093

Don't know if you can tell in the photo but the screw sits below the gap instead of in it is that right ?
          I dunno about you but it looks to me like to could simply unscrew the screw until it did line up with the control rod gap (looks to be a lot of thread left on that screw), I would try that before you go spending more money on stuff, a lot of people use the Lee pot and I don't recall reading any similar posts to yours,yet.
          Attached Files

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Bound to leak if the screw isn't in the groove, given the angle the rod appears to be sitting at it may not even be in the seat.
            Back the screw out until it goes into the slot and your problems should be solved.

Yeah last night i backed the screw off untill it fit in the grove but then the head of the control rod snapped off not sure how i did it but oh well replacement rods are on there way

Comment

Working...
          X