NOE Bullet Moulds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOE Bullet Moulds

Thought I would share some pics of my NOE moulds and the bullets that they cast.

I have a 2 cavity 165gr Ranch Dog with option for hollow points. The mould is .311 caliber, so suitable for both my . 308win and 7.62x39.

The second mould is a 5 cavity 247gr NOE design in .311 suitable for big .30cals, or as this is designed, for the .300 whisper or blackout. I find this a little less forgiving because of its size and mass. Getting it warmed up is the hard part. Also because the bullets come out so long, any traces of junk in the alloy tend to show up, so lots of flux is needed.

Overall these moulds are very high quality.

I intent to Hi-tek coat these bad boys rather than do the traditional wax lube.

I reckon those hollow point 165 Ranch Dogs will do a lot of damage to goats and whatever else they are thrown at.

Gawd damn Vman them there hollow points look nasty I bet they do some damage.
    Not suitable for mature audiences

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Looking forward to testing them out... I have not gone hunting in a while, and might not have an opportunity for a while. However the next time I go to the range, I will be taking a few rock mellons or cantelopes with me. I'm hoping for a fruity explosion, so fingers crossed

Both molds look fantastic. You must be needing to shoot the 300 blackout a lot with the 5 cavity mold - a great position to be in.

How much does the 165 grain Ranch Dog design weigh with the hollow point? Is the $103 price delivered in Australia for the 2cavity - if not how much was postage?

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Works out to around $150 for a mould with a handle in AUD, and postage is around $40 if i recall correctly.

Not cheap, however, very well made as you can tell. Plus, some of the designs are great.

With the hollow point, and with the alloy that I'm using, the projectile is 154.9 - 155.0 grains

+1 on the NOE molds... I seem to have become a bit of a collector :P

I have to say they cast as good or better then anything else I've used over the years.... highly recommended

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh lucky you have the 198-200 grain .311! Been wanting that mould for a while but it's always out of stock.

My NOE 45-70 mold showing the HP pins.... This type of mold with the captive pin is quite fast to cast with

The 247grn 30 cal bullet (plain base version VMAN has above).. made for the 300 BLK/Whisper but works great in the 308 as a subsonic pill.. is stable in a std 308WIN 1:12 twist barrel

4-5 gang molds are the way to go!! More of the 247grn NOE 30 Cal's

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      wow thats a decent sessions worth

Originally posted by VMAN" post=28270

I have a 2 cavity 165gr Ranch Dog with option for hollow points. The mould is .311 caliber, so suitable for both my . 308win and 7.62x39.

I reckon those hollow point 165 Ranch Dogs will do a lot of damage to goats and whatever else they are thrown at.
    should have read the rest of the thread before posting lol

Comment

Another NOE mold (and my arm :P ) got a workout tonight ... you only get 24 of these to the kilo of lead! ... Not a bad handgun pill eh?

Comment

• Rat man407
        Rat man407 commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by Indio" post=77976
        Another NOE mold (and my arm :P ) got a workout tonight ... you only get 24 of these to the kilo of lead! ... Not a bad handgun pill eh?

what is that 600-700 grain pill?

Now that's a pill.
      Regards Peter.

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Those are flash looking Moulds and looks like they drop a nice Projectile. I like the big Metplat on that Ranchdog Mould but for mine it's not a great projectile for the 7.62x39 because of the short Case Neck. I like the 314 155Gr. FN 2 cavity GC for my 7.62x39 the Gas Check won't sit to far below the Case Neck with that Projectile. I'd like to try the Hollow Point.. Just a matter of NOE having stock and me having money at the same time.

I bought the 170 gr .358 and 270 gr .430 Ranchdog 6 banger moulds some time back when he had Lee make them. They are great projectiles and shoot beautifully in my Rifles. I also have eyes for the NOE Ranchdog 425 gr Mould, that would get my 45.70 going

regards Jacko
    Working...
    X