Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New CBE Mould

I got my new mould today, a CBE 430-340GC

It's a might big bullet for my 44 magnum. It's my first non lee mould and I'm really looking forward to casting with it. I'm going to wait til my Lyman Mag 25 arrives before I cast with it though.

CBE is now owned by David Commens. Very handy for me as he is only 15kms away. I placed my order a week and a half ago, and he brought the mould out to the range for me. Now all I need is the gas check maker.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	33399

Nice,
    No handles?

Comment

• trumpychris
      trumpychris commented
      Editing a comment
      Generally the only moulds that come with handles are the Lee moulds.

RCBS & Lyman handles are generally a universal fit.

Lovely looking mold. My avatar has a Jim mold .358 250grain GC. I use the Lee six cavity mold handles for mine, fits well. Custom molds do not come with handles.

Comment

Originally posted by trumpychris" post=17984
      I got my new mould today, a CBE 430-340GC

It's a might big bullet for my 44 magnum. It's my first non lee mould and I'm really looking forward to casting with it. I'm going to wait til my Lyman Mag 25 arrives before I cast with it though.

CBE is now owned by David Commens. Very handy for me as he is only 15kms away. I placed my order a week and a half ago, and he brought the mould out to the range for me. Now all I need is the gas check maker.

Just google Freechex111, they make a beauty, it's what I use. There is another one called Pat Marlin but it is a 2 stage check maker and some people have issues with them. Lee have one in the system but who knows how long that will be to bring out.
      Attached Files
      45-70 Government. The only Government I trust........................Period.

THE OLDER I GET THE BETTER I WAS.

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice!

Hey Chris, you do realise the Lyman Mag 25 does not currently exist in Australia right?

I spoke to Nioa about 4 days ago, and they said they have had it on order since December 2012, and its not likely to arrive here in 2013.

Shame really. Looks good for the price.

Check out the Magma casting pot if you want something available and awesome... costs a fair quid tho

I bought some 270, 7mm and 303 jacketed stuff yesterday, for the price I could have bought a couple of moulds off Ebay
      Hold still varmint, whilst I plugs ya!

Comment

• trumpychris
        trumpychris commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep it's bloody expensive.

I did score some 45acp 230gr Sierra JHPs the other day for 20 bucks. Flying ashtrays! Gotta love em.

If I was the kinda guy that loaded ammo for home defence they would be my go to rounds
    Working...
    X