X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HERNE View Post

What about a left handed Steyr Scout?

Nope... Ain't gunna happen.

But back to subject. There was a bloke getting around online once, who bought some custom made and quite frangible bullets from bullet maker... Who use to load these for night time and daytime use.

I wouldn't have believed it, if I hadn't heard the excuse for missing the intended live target myself...

"Is it down???"

"Nah mate... Ya missed."

"Naaah! Couldn't have..."

"Reckon ya did..."

"Must have deflected or exploded hitting a blade of grass... Could have, coz it was one of my night time loads?"

How the fuck do you reply to that???
    I remember ole mate but can't remember his name
    I still talk to that bullet maker occasionally
    Fuck I just had a good chuckle reading your post Steve
    Sent via pony express and mail plane

You know that moment when the steak is on the grill and your mouth waters in anticipation? Vegans feel the same after mowing the lawn.

Comment

QLD fella doing those jobs in the remote communitys if I'm on the mark? Life of can't remember the handle.

Colt commando was a different relm altogether.

​​​Bullet makers 55 grain 22shel cases jacket was a pretty violent expansion prjy, made a mess of every roos head I used em on some times I didn't even have to remove that bit, the bullet did the job for me. Good pill they were, where far cheaper then the 55 grain nosler b tips. The super roos were good also the hornady spire points were hit in mis, some expanded and others just punched right through.

Comment

'Fish'. Yeah mate, still play a bit of 'phone ping pong' with the bullet maker... He's a larrikin and a laugh on a good day.

As for the fucking 'Jaffle King'. Well... That's a different story.

I remember we traveled over 16 hours on some pretty hairy roads at 'warp nine' with a 'hard' sleep over in the middle of a bloody airstrip. That's a bloody long time listening to 'OPs' on everything down to how to make and eat a Jaffle his way. To stories of how he broke 'Regiment' blokes and punters that tried to keep up.

To prove, this when we finally arrived at our F.O.B. late arvo. The prick launches out of the 'Rover' (really a fucking Prado) barking orders grabbing some kit and is off like a lunatic...

"Mate don't ya want to set up before we head out... We'll be coming back in the wee hours, it'll be dark and we'll be fucked!"

"Nah, grab ya kit and hurry up!"

Thinking to myself this is going to go to shit quick and I should change these old boots. Ol' mates off quicker than a Brides nightie. Luckily enough the night before we had sorted our carry packs with the NV, essentials and supplies we'd need for the 'night hikes' the night before, in the middle of that airstrip... Coz the terrain ain't steep, but it is fucking dangerous.

We are into it hard. No, walking in and jogging out sort of stuff. Ol' mates got us doing a quick march. About 4 hours of daylight left and in, a few things laid to waste no matter the hectic pace, I'm enjoying the new scenery and the sun going down... But my boots ain't right. They are older looser things and I fear they could be 'the pebble in my sandal'.

A few more unproductive hours slogging it out after dark to a bit after 12:00HRS, 'Loo-Ten-Tant' Graham' decides its time to head back and set ourselves up properly. No argument from me. I know I'm going to have to sort my 'hooves' out when we get back. The round trip would have been over 20K's my ears ache and my feet are pretty sore. After we set up, it's time for a kip. I've got some pretty decent blisters but I don't let on to the cunt, won't give him that satisfaction... And that's just day one.

I wake well before him. Lance, swab and wrap my blisters. Then put the 'billy on' and wait for him to wake and knock us up a couple of these world famous Jaffles. What can I say...? A Jaffle is a Jaffle no matter how or who makes the bloody things.

The mornings are a 'gin around' sorting ourselves out until mid afternoon comes around. Then we are off again. Six days in we have a head count of well over 250, my feet are getting use to their morning 'cut, swab and wrap' routine but my ear ache is getting worse... Until early that arvo, they hear the 'night'n'day' loads story (excuse).

By the end of that nights hike ol' mate has done himself an injury dragging a deadun' out of the water, with me on 'Croc Over-watch' (Fuck him. He wants them out, he can go get 'em.) It's at this point clutching his ribs he decides to 'pull stumps' on the trip... We hike out to get get a couple of hours kip to sun up. With me humping his pack and rifle. My feet a little lighter and my earache diminishing.

That last shot of the 'Boar that broke him' bore the story of the famous 'Bouncing Betty' round... Did I tell you that one?
        "If we meet offline and you look nothing like your Pics...You are buying me drinks until you do!"

Comment

old wives tales

back in the 70s when the 17 Rem was introduced and was promoted as the next best thing to sliced bread, writers used the line "it explodes on a blade of grass". It was not true but gun writers were gods and no one would dare question them. I have heard this line a few times (always from farmers). It appears that some creative folks throw this line in order to enhance their chances of getting access.

The next time someone throws this line, tell them to place two paper targets six inches apart and try it, after all, paper offers more resistance than grass. This sure makes them eat their words.

Comment

Wow sounds like a character this bloke Herne lol

na mate I'm happy with my right handers lol.
            Yeah I should tell the cocky that one Mr C.
            Go hard or Go home.

Comment

The only projectiles I know of that regularly exploded, were those 22mag lead projectiles usually shot out of a 22/250 over spun and not jacketed they could disintegrate straight out of the barrel.

Old wife's tails will live forever, like fishing tales.
              The TRUTH is out there,
              the Aliens think its a great joke on us.
              We still believe in Santa, but eat the Easter Bunny

And the Easter Bunny tastes SO GOOD !!
              That's why he is made of Chocolate.

Comment

Originally posted by Skip View Post
                Colt commando was a different relm altogether...
                'Colt Commando' rocked!

"If we meet offline and you look nothing like your Pics...You are buying me drinks until you do!"

Comment

Originally posted by HERNE View Post

'Colt Commando' rocked!

Pretty sure he used ice bullets for assassinating varmints. No evidence left behind

Comment

Originally posted by GD308 View Post

Pretty sure he used ice bullets for assassinating varmints. No evidence left behind
                    300m with the 1911, ice bullets, only way to go.

Got a few chuckles out of Mr Commando.
                    The TRUTH is out there,
                    the Aliens think its a great joke on us.
                    We still believe in Santa, but eat the Easter Bunny

And the Easter Bunny tastes SO GOOD !!
                    That's why he is made of Chocolate.

Comment

He may be using a howitzer gun are you sure he is only after foxes. LOL.

Comment

Working...
                      X