X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video on what happens when ammo goes up in flames

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SlOXowwC4c#t=71
    Whacking Varmints is my passion!

Good clip and educational, over 400, 000 rounds destroyed in the test. I thought it was interesting where it was commented at the end about how safe ammunition was and various household products were a lot more dangerous. Thanks for putting it up, cheers Macca.

Comment

• shootist
      shootist commented
      Editing a comment
      Perhaps, by showing how benign the stuff really is, police, emergency services and airline officials won't become so histerical
      Provided of course that they are at all interested in watching and being educated

Shootist

It just confirms what I had thought for a long time and that is if you want something like a projectile to move with any great force or distance you need restriction allowing enough time for pressure to build up to get it to have any sort of real velocity/energy behind it. The rule where you must store powders and primers separate from each other is also another anomaly - after all what does a loaded round consist of? I can't say I can recall every having ammunition just self combust so why do they believe that primers or powder would do the same?

This vid just proves that the hysteria about ammunition isn't warranted and is born out of ignorance rather than fact.

Ah well such is life.
    Whacking Varmints is my passion!

Comment

• safeshot
      safeshot commented
      Editing a comment
      One of the best videos i have seen. Well done for putting it up. I have emailed it on.

• 17Hornet
      17Hornet commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Varminator" post=43671
      It just confirms what I had thought for a long time and that is if you want something like a projectile to move with any great force or distance you need restriction allowing enough time for pressure to build up to get it to have any sort of real velocity/energy behind it. The rule where you must store powders and primers separate from each other is also another anomaly - after all what does a loaded round consist of? I can't say I can recall every having ammunition just self combust so why do they believe that primers or powder would do the same?

This vid just proves that the hysteria about ammunition isn't warranted and is born out of ignorance rather than fact.

Ah well such is life.
      I think this goes back to the time when Primers used Mercury Fulminate(?) which was far less stable.
      And "black powder" in cases also.
      Laws and Regulations still have to be 'backwards' compatible even if modern ammo is the only thing you own.
      I think I read somewhere that the modern brass cartridge, was once called the "safety cartridge (?)"

Good video,
    This one will go straight to the pool room , when we have a pool room.

Comment

• 17Hornet
      17Hornet commented
      Editing a comment
      We have a pool room???
      Nobody told me there was one being built, hurry up and finish it.
      The weather is getting warmer and I would love to go for a swim.

Originally posted by Snag" post=48405
      Good video,
      This one will go straight to the pool room , when we have a pool room.

Did I hear correctly that a loaded gun will go off in a fire? How does that happen?

Comment

• Varminator
      Varminator commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Day675" post=48406
      Did I hear correctly that a loaded gun will go off in a fire? How does that happen?
      Heat - pretty sure the Mythbusters did a test with a revolver in a oven and it went off after a while.
Working...
X