7.62x39 steel core

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7.62x39 steel core

I posted this on the welcome mat in error so if you saw it there, you haven't gone mad, it was me!

I was just wondering if there's a restriction in Aus/QLD for the Norinco 7.62 steel core projectiles?
    I've been offered some Norinco yellow box "7.62x39 non corrosive steel case", which I believe has the steel core, can I use it?

And as a matter of interest can anyone confirm the projectile weight?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01020_2013-11-17.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	44416

Name:	DSC01021_2013-11-17.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	44417

Name:	DSC01024_2013-11-17.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	44418

Originally posted by tinytim" post=31508
    I posted this on the welcome mat in error so if you saw it there, you haven't gone mad, it was me!

I was just wondering if there's a restriction in Aus/QLD for the Norinco 7.62 steel core projectiles?
    I've been offered some Norinco yellow box "7.62x39 non corrosive steel case", which I believe has the steel core, can I use it?

And as a matter of interest can anyone confirm the projectile weight?

123gn projie, it is legal, as it is not Armour Piercing ammunition, rather FMJ.

Thanks,

Oddball
    Attached Files

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks oddball,
      Is it steel core or steel jacket or just plain old lead?

There seems to be much discussion in the US making everything as clear as mud.

If I get it would it be any good on pigs, or am I just going to get through and through and spend the night chasing down a pissed off pig!

what is the difference between the green box and the yellow box ??

my LGS keeps telling me there a tunstane pin in the middle of the ones from the green box never seen the yellow ones before

Comment

Working...
    X