.243 ammo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .243 ammo

How is everyone, just wondering if anyone has used the 80gr superformance ammo it will be used in a BLR Browning with a 20" barrel any reviews would be good.Cheers

Hi Archie,
    Sorry for the late reply but I'm fairly new to the forum and hadn't looked at this section. As for your question I have used superformance in my mossburg 243 and found it to be alright, it was quite dear and I found with my rifle that it really didn't perform any better than some of the others. That said though I have found depending on the rifle certain brands of ammo give better results than others. This was explained to me that all rifles made have a min and maximum length in the chamber for each calibre and most companies tend to aim mid area , but that can vary so much. Ammo manufactures also have the same scale to manufacture to in the specific calibres and most of them tend to chose lower to mid to be fairly compatible with the different rifle companies. The best advice I can give you is to try a few brands and sometimes the results may shock you as I found that Highland ammo was more accurate and consistent with my Mossberg 100 atr . It is the cheapest ammo available and not rated to highly by some, but the specifics that they make there ammo to must come quite close to matching my rifles chamber so this is why this particular ammo worked so well. I reload now and doing so you can tailor your ammo to your rifle really well. Best of luck finding a brand that works best with your rifle I hope that I have been helpful in the most basic of ways.

Regards Rod

Comment

• Archie
      Archie commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by rodshovell1973" post=45967
      Hi Archie,
      Sorry for the late reply but I'm fairly new to the forum and hadn't looked at this section. As for your question I have used superformance in my mossburg 243 and found it to be alright, it was quite dear and I found with my rifle that it really didn't perform any better than some of the others. That said though I have found depending on the rifle certain brands of ammo give better results than others. This was explained to me that all rifles made have a min and maximum length in the chamber for each calibre and most companies tend to aim mid area , but that can vary so much. Ammo manufactures also have the same scale to manufacture to in the specific calibres and most of them tend to chose lower to mid to be fairly compatible with the different rifle companies. The best advice I can give you is to try a few brands and sometimes the results may shock you as I found that Highland ammo was more accurate and consistent with my Mossberg 100 atr . It is the cheapest ammo available and not rated to highly by some, but the specifics that they make there ammo to must come quite close to matching my rifles chamber so this is why this particular ammo worked so well. I reload now and doing so you can tailor your ammo to your rifle really well. Best of luck finding a brand that works best with your rifle I hope that I have been helpful in the most basic of ways.

Regards Rod
      thanks for the advice it all helps have a good christmas
Working...
X