Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DUD WInchester Powerpoints 22lr

Gday,

Im writing this on behalf of my uncle who had come across several packets of dud powerpoints. At first he thought there was something wrong with the firing pin on his CZ .22lr........ My uncle originally had 4 packs of the duds but threw them out.

I have the remaining half pack of fifty that are proven duds with multiple firing pin marks on the rim...

Is there anything I can do like notify Winchester-maybe get a free pack or brick?

Anyone else strike this or been successful on getting a freebee?

Cheers...

You could take them back to your dealer as l have before and were given replacements

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Probably not for 25 rounds, $3-$4 ?

Have you tried them in another 22? might be worth trying that and see if they work or not, I guess if they don't they would definitely have issues. Either way I guess ring the shop they were purchased at and see what they will/won't do and I guess send Winchester Aust a email and explain to them what the pob is and see if they will/won't do anything.
    Whacking Varmints is my passion!

Comment

That's interesting, I had a couple of boxes of Winchester 22 mag the other week that did exactly the same thing in my wife's rifle. It's never had a drama with CCI's but these things were absolutely hopeless, every second one wouldn't fire.
      Guns don't kill people, Chuck Norris does.

Comment

Your Uncle threw away 2 boxes of supposedly live rounds in the bush?????
        Faster Horses
        Younger Women
        Older Whiskey
        More Money

SSAA N52

Comment

I would swap the remington stingers I had with no powder in them for your miss fire Winchesters.

JH

Comment

Originally posted by butta9999" post=18914
            Gday,

Im writing this on behalf of my uncle who had come across several packets of dud powerpoints. At first he thought there was something wrong with the firing pin on his CZ .22lr........ My uncle originally had 4 packs of the duds but threw them out.

I have the remaining half pack of fifty that are proven duds with multiple firing pin marks on the rim...

Is there anything I can do like notify Winchester-maybe get a free pack or brick?

Anyone else strike this or been successful on getting a freebee?

Cheers...
            Might be worth while calling Winchester Australia 03 5245 2400

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              Maybe all the boxes that contained duds were part of a brick, or a larger batch of faulty ammo? In that case, it is still better to inform both the shop and Winchester Australia. Even if you don't get much of a refund they might do something to correct the problem for customers in the future.

I had a problem with some faulty CCIs once, shopkeeper replaced the partly used box.

IIRC, there will be a serial or batch number on the inside of the boxes somewhere. Don't discard the paper box as this number could be used to trace the batch/machine etc your ammo came from.

Tornado, Thanks I will give them a call.

Varminator, Yes I tried them in three separate rifles.

Emptee, 40gr orange box

SPRINT, Not sure of the particulars mate but my uncle is a sensible man, I'm sure he would of disposed of them properly...

Gregt, I'm almost certain my unlcle has had misfires with WIinchester ammo for his magnum too. I'll find out.

Comment

Working...
            X