Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrono data

Hi All,

I ran a few rounds through the chrono today to get a ballpark figure of the MVs of where my rifles were firing and got the following results:

CZ 452 22LR (22.5 inch barrel) - Lapua Standard Plus - 1059 fps
    - CCI Stinger - 1602 fps

Tikka T3 Hunter 308 (22.5 inch barrel - Winchester Varmint Express with 130g Woodleigh PSP factory loads - 2870ish fps
    - Factory load with 130g Woodleigh PSPs, 45g of Benchmark 2, CCI primers and new Winchester brass - 2760ish fps

I only fired individual rounds of the .22 and factory 308 to get a ballpark mv, for sighting purposes with the .22 and for comparison with the .308. However, but I put a five round string of the factory rounds and got an SD of 9.2. I understand from looking around the net that this is reasonably consistent? That said I would be interested to hear from others what they have come to expect of SDs for similar rifles and loads.

I'm still not quite where I want to be with the grouping with the Tikka 308, today my three round groups averaged about 1.3 moa, but I think that a lot of that could be me getting used to shooting the bigger round off the bench.
    "Love the bush for its own sake and you will never have an unsuccessful hunt".

I woulda said an SD of 9 is very consistent.

Comment

• Shotgunner
      Shotgunner commented
      Editing a comment
      Ta, good to know.
Working...
X