204r ammo availability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 204r ammo availability

Anyone no shops with Hornady 32gn Im looking to stock up. Or any other brands just seems bloody hard to find any at the moment.

Both of these work well in my 204 - might be worth a look

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/620814/remington-premier-varmint-ammunition-204-ruger-32-grain-accutip-v-boat-tail-box-of-20

http://www.federalpremium.com/products/details/rifle.aspx?id=708
    Whacking Varmints is my passion!

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea ive got the Federal already but running low so I want to stock up. Havnt got around to reloading these yet and havnt got the time really at the moment so im looking at buying maybe 20 boxes.

I know that Ross Barlow at Marma Lake Firearms had 5000 rounds on order 2 months ago and told me they would be in, in about 5 weeks. Might be worth dropping him an email or ringing him to find out. Not sure how far away you are from him.

Cheers,

Nathan

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Nathan.S" post=13519
      I know that Ross Barlow at Marma Lake Firearms had 5000 rounds on order 2 months ago and told me they would be in, in about 5 weeks. Might be worth dropping him an email or ringing him to find out. Not sure how far away you are from him.

Cheers,

Nathan
      Thanks I sent him an email.

Plenty of .204 factory cartridges available in N/E Vic.
    I'm in love with Jennifer Hawkins and Alessandra Ambrosio

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Sambar Country" post=13732
      Plenty of .204 factory cartridges available in N/E Vic.
      Plenty in NW VIC too if you like federal premium and parting with $45 for a box.

I'm going to reload.

Does any one know if the 40gn federals shoot ok in the sako 85 varmint barrel? Seems like they are the easiest ones to get at the moment

Comment

• findingtime
      findingtime commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by shauno" post=13790
      I'm going to reload.

Does any one know if the 40gn federals shoot ok in the sako 85 varmint barrel? Seems like they are the easiest ones to get at the moment
      39g SBK 's and 40 grain vmax shoot best in my 85 Varmint ..... Every barrel is different though!

My local mainly stocks Remington, Federal premium and Winchester in the 204's. I've mainly only shot the Winchester 34gr jacketed hollow points, but seem to be effective enough.

Comment

I just bought 10 packets of Federal from a shop in Yass. Just driving through thought id see if they had any and they did.

Comment

Gday Shauno,

I bought a heap of 35gr Bergers for my .204 from BRT....

I gave up on the 39gr SBK's they are too hard to get.......... Love them though considering they are so accurate. Bought myself 3000 CCI Benchrest primers too.

Also bought 300 Hornady cases as they were all I could find at the time.

Good Luck...

PS the 35gr Bergers shoot real well too

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Originally posted by butta9999" post=17432
          Gday Shauno,

PS the 35gr Bergers shoot real well too
          Shhhh, gee .... people will end up with the right idea and buy the rest of the supply.......
      Working...
      X