Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 35 Whelan from 9.3x62 Brass.

Hi Guys,
    I have been offered a 35 Whelan Remington pump action and I have quite a few new Lapua 9.3x62 cases (from my Tikka T3 Lite). I have never converted cases from one cartridge to another and I was wondering if it was much trouble, I presume all I need is a set of 35 Whelan dies and use the full length die to form the cases and then fireform, I know they are very similar cases.
    Can anyone give me info or describe the steps in this conversion. Any help would be great.
    45-70 Government. The only Government I trust........................Period.

THE OLDER I GET THE BETTER I WAS.

Originally posted by moofy07" post=8152
    Hi Guys,
    I have been offered a 35 Whelan Remington pump action and I have quite a few new Lapua 9.3x62 cases (from my Tikka T3 Lite). I have never converted cases from one cartridge to another and I was wondering if it was much trouble, I presume all I need is a set of 35 Whelan dies and use the full length die to form the cases and then fireform, I know they are very similar cases.
    Can anyone give me info or describe the steps in this conversion. Any help would be great.
    Sounds like a good idea. I have always been put off the 35 Whelan due to the price of ammo and components, this may give me an excuse.....

Very cool!

Oddball

Comment

• moofy07
      moofy07 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Oddball,
      I know you can use 30-06 cases and use a full length die with a tapered expander to do the job, but I am going the other way (down a calibre) but I think I can use the 35 Whelan full length die, but I am not 100% sure.
Working...
X