Muzzle Flash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muzzle Flash

Ever had some decent muzzle flash when firing a carbine? Well this is what I call muzzle flash from an Aussie M1A1

Click image for larger version

Name:	110718-M-VX252-119.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	130.5 KB
ID:	24105

Sorry this was meant to go in Militaria - oops!

fixed.

i remember the first time i was at the range doing a shoot with the carriers and Abrams were there, the heat coming out the back was pretty crazy, let alone the main firing.

Comment

• macca41
      macca41 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey S12A - the Abrams run a gas turbine engine I think - unless the ADF has put in a Holden 308 Either way must be a big motor to push that baby around. Cheers, Macca

Sounds about right, on TS earlier this year the useless buggers were refuelling atleast twice a day

Comment

• S12A
      S12A commented
      Editing a comment
      haha they drive them to the range on flatbeds cos it would cost to much fuel to road run them , i'm sure amongst other reasons

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by furiousgeorge" post=7324
      Sounds about right, on TS earlier this year the useless buggers were refuelling atleast twice a day
      I was reading a report of the Gulf War (can't remember if it was 1 or 2) where the Americans had to halt their advance on the enemy for some time while they waited for the fuel tankers to catch up; apparently the logistics of running the Abrams in a running battle can be pretty daunting too due to the need for them to have plenty of soft-skinned and fully-loaded fuel tankers hovering nearby (saw some footage from Iraq of a pair of A10s whose job it was to stick close to the following fuel tankers and keep an eye on them) .

You can definitly hear the turbine, from miles away. Good luck staying covert with those turret heads round.

Comment

• S12A
      S12A commented
      Editing a comment
      the smoke generator is pretty cool though

Very nice muzzle flash
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing” - Edmund Burke

Comment

That looks like Fun.

Can have a " Shoot please " ???

Thanks...

Comment

in Darwin CBD for our welcome home parade in 2009

Click image for larger version

Name:	abrams.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	24520

Comment

• macca41
          macca41 commented
          Editing a comment
          Cool!

was a good yank docco on tv a while back showing them being refitted. from pulling down and sandblasting up to driving out the gate.

they are made of seriously large chunks of steel.

Comment

10 of tons of steel, turned into 10 of millions dollars worth of MBT, Can be stopped and held at bay for the cost of a shovel and some digging. Much more fun to use a JAV but.

Comment

Looks like the 50AE Desert eagle has some muzzle flash competition.
            Love your country, love your family, love your sport.

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              he needs to back off half a grain

Saw a comment the other day of a muzzle velocity of about 5500 fps - true?

If so shades a 220 Swift!

Comment

yeah it gives my mosin M38 a run for it's money as far as flash go's

Comment

Working...
              X