My Wife's Jeep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Wife's Jeep

The father in law is into restoration of jeeps/motorbikes etc. This is the jeep that he did up for my wife, can't remember if it's a 41 or 44. She drives the diggers in the ANZAC parade every year. Her sister has one also but in American colours and then her dad has another one also. He's got an old Harley with side car that he drives a digger in the parade every year.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P5250042.JPG
Views:	0
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	21351

That is very impressive indeed Whitedog.

It's amazing how much traction those old bar treads had.
    No trees were harmed in the production of this post, but some electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

Comment

Very nice
      “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing” - Edmund Burke

Comment

Yep very nice mate, I wish my father in law could do something like that

Comment

The farm my brother in law used to manage had an old Willys Jeep.
          Unfortunately someone had swapped the old side valve engine for what I think was a Cortina engine.
          Still it was fun to blat around in the wheat stubble.
          One thing, it was cramped to drive, knees up under my armpits. Not sure how anyone over 5' 10" actually got into one.

Comment

Very nice!

Used to see a guy driving to work in one back in the 90's, had the U.S. markings and he'd be wearing a M1 helmet. Really looked the part!

Comment

• TRE
              TRE commented
              Editing a comment
              Need something like that for my property..

Ha yeah, so I am! Nice work by your father in law.

I attended a military jeep display day a while ago, combined with a reenactment group which had a WW2 setup.

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks guys. It certainly turns heads that's for sure. I'm 193 odd cm so it is a bit of a squeeze though :S

Your wife got a jeep?

"Time is a companion that goes with us on a journey. It reminds us to cherish each moment, because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we have lived."
            Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              Originally posted by 1960Python" post=3954
              Your wife got a jeep?

She bought a jeep :lol:

Beemer must be a good mark up from the US I reckon.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Comment

• 17fireball
              17fireball commented
              Editing a comment
              I know of one still in its packing crate

If you can watch a show called "Wheeler Dealers" on Foxtel , infact the episode is on again tonight. They go to the US, buy a WW2 Jeep, ship it back to Britian and restore if fully, then sell it for 16,000 pounds. (increase by about 40% to get the Australian value). There are an amazing amount of spare parts still available for such a vehicle, which included a rebuilt gear box and a rear floor pan (prone to rust) and seat covers....etc.

Comment

• Savage
              Savage commented
              Editing a comment
              Originally posted by beemer" post=4473
              If you can watch a show called "Wheeler Dealers" on Foxtel , infact the episode is on again tonight. They go to the US, buy a WW2 Jeep, ship it back to Britian and restore if fully, then sell it for 16,000 pounds. (increase by about 40% to get the Australian value). There are an amazing amount of spare parts still available for such a vehicle, which included a rebuilt gear box and a rear floor pan (prone to rust) and seat covers....etc.
              You can buy a whole body for $3500 new from China. Same place that has the Mini Moke galvanised bodies. My brother in law has a moke body coming for $3000 including shipping, as it is classified as new replacement vintage parts there is next to no duty etc.

You can almost rebuild from an oil stain on the garage floor, whether you can get it registered is another matter............

Gratz mate, your missus must be pretty cool.
            Love your country, love your family, love your sport.

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              Cheers Jason, yep she's a traditional old school chick.
          Working...
          X