Blank Canvas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blank Canvas

Here's a spot on the new world that has no footprints yet!

How about some pics of the odds and ends we pick up along the way? I'm a rifle collector, Mainly Australian and Commonwealth military bolt action (Lee Enfields) and as such, stumble across some interesting stuff occasionally. Here is a trigger pull tester that originates from the time of the Long Lee Enfield rifles of the late 1800"s to very early 1900's

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0179a.JPG
Views:	0
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	20276

Name:	DSCF0192a.JPG
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	20277

Can hardly compete with that, Tech!

Think this is militaria lol

1944 Soviet entrenching shovel

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Good one! British/ commonwealth stuff is fairly easy here, how hard is the eastern bloc gear to find?
      When I was into telescopes and stuff I looked at a few soviet trench periscopes, they seemed to be good quality gear, but out of the US on fleabay, a bit too pricey

Yes fleabay can be pricey...postage to this corner of the planet particularly! And a lil risky as a lot of stuff coming out of the Ukraine especially purports to be authentic of-the-period-alleged - but isn't :P

I've bought a couple of things stated as 'WW2' which weren't, but I knew that certain postwar additions could be removed, prior to purchase. Not buying as a strict 'collector' but with the view to reasonably accurate reenactment purposes - so you pick and choose what you can afford to be truly "authentic". Uniforms in particular...extraordinarily expensive if you were to buy non-reproductions!

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      If you know what you are looking for on eastern bloc militaria, some items have date stamps that are visible in ebay photos. Mosin accessories are fairly well documented on external sites, and not very expensive, so its a matter of going through the listings until you bump into what looks right. Agree that attaching the words 'WWII' and 'Spetsnaz' to every item of Russian militaria gets old very quickly though - it is more helpful to describe the appearance and structure of the item rather than its history or function when looking for it, eg 'brown canvas Russian pouch' rather than ' Cold War era Kalashnikov magazine pouch'.

This often has let me pick up nice one-offs offered by a private individual rather than an ebay store, especially if he doesn't really know much about the item.

Time to stick up another bit from my limited collection of militaria. A WW1 vintage trench periscope made by RJ Beck Ltd in 1917 The eyepiece lens adjusts for focus by screwing in and out. It is three power magnification, but with the tiny objective lens, it loses a bit in light transmission. It had a rubber eyecup when new, but being near 100 years old, was probably gone long ago.

Name:	2007_0309periscope0020.JPG
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	28825

Name:	2007_0309periscope0018.JPG
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	28826

Name:	2007_0309periscope0029b.JPG
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	28827

Name:	2007_0309periscope0027.JPG
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	28828

Ok, time to turn your gun rooms out and see what you've got to post here...

Comment

Fantastic item to have Tech, a real piece of history. Looks in great condition too.

Comment

Working...
      X