Aussie jungle greens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aussie jungle greens

Hey guys, was going through some of my stuff in storage & came across some old milsurp clothing that I forgot I had. They're the old pre-Auscam "jungle greens", unissued and with the hand-written order tags still attached and dated from the late 70's to early 80's; picked them up some a few years ago at a St Vinnies store up in the Hunter Valley near the Singleton army base and have 6 pair of trousers and 4 shirts.

I know that well-worn and genuine (not the Chinese knock-offs) examples of these uniforms are hard to come by these days in the disposal stores, let alone unworn examples in original mint condition and was wondering if they're worth anything? The only reason that I'm not using them myself is that the sizing is for a small and/or fit adult (Ie: typical serving RAR soldier's physique) and my expanding middle-aged girth would put undue strain on the buttons and stitching should I ever try to squeeze into them. Even the new Chinese & Pakistani imitations go for 50 bucks or so a pop, so these being genuine and of superior quality might be worth something to someone?

If one of the shirts happens to be a "pixie" jungle green (that's the shirt with the diagonal pockets which doesn't get tucked into the trousers), I'll gladly take it off your hands if you'd care to name a price.

This one:

Not this one:

Australian made reproductions are available new on ebay with a buy it now price of $48.99, while new standard greens range from $29.99-$44.99. http://stores.ebay.com.au/AUSSIE-DIGGER-MILITARIA/VIETNAM-CLOTHING-KIT-/_i.html?rt=nc&_fsub=10&_sid=15253141&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1513&_pgn=1

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Nah, sorry Ranger; it's the regular straight-pocket shirt. I'd say an original unissued "pixie" shirt would be as rare as hen's teeth these days (though I seem to remember as a teenager back in the early 80's having one of those, but issued and well-worn, that I'd picked up from the local disposals store for a few bucks).

If you go on e-bay, these things appear on a semi regular basis, in reality not worth much. Around $10 is a very good price per item. At one time I had lots of them, then Aus Cam became general issue, when I got out of the Army Reserve, I gave away hundreds of dollars worth of gear, but I got my garage back.

Comment

Hey GSR, do you have any of that gear still?

I.R.

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by Irishrebel" post=95005
        Hey GSR, do you have any of that gear still?

I.R.
        Nah IR, unfortunately I sold it all a few months ago to a collector. Seems that the fact that they had never been worn or laundered & still had their original hand-written order-tags attached made them quite rare apparently & the guy who bought them gave me a pretty good deal (cash plus some unissued sets of Aussie Desert-cams in my size).

Yup, remember the days when George St had about 6 [real] disposal stores?

Peters is about the only one left with any actual surplus now (over 110km round trip )

Comment

• Tornado-Technologies
        Tornado-Technologies commented
        Editing a comment
        I remember going to the Aussie Disposals Warehouse when I was a kid and they'd just have pallets and pallets of Pat.37 web gear - all new unissued, mainly Canadian manufacture. If you looked hard enough there was even Pat.08 webbing gear to be found! Getting hard to find these days.

My recollection about Pixie shirts was that only the wankers in the Q store had them, meaning they grabbed them for themselves.

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        That's why you had 3 mates outside your troop
        1. A Q- monster
        2. A Tucker fucker
        3 A steerer
    Working...
    X