K-31 bayonets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K-31 bayonets

Along with the Polish trainers, I noticed thiese K-31 bayonets on sale. Wouldn't you like to have the whole crate, just because :lol:

http://www.firearmsales.com.au/listi...isting_id=7284

I ve got one, nice big blade but I need to get a frog made so it can go on my belt

Comment

These from Liberty Tree aren't specifically for the K-31, but will apparently work OK, just depends if you require 100% authenticity or just functionality.

https://www.libertytreecollectors.co...&idcategory=18

I've just recently got hold of a Pattern 1907 frog, looks the goods

Click image for larger version

Name:	1907bayonetfrog1.JPG
Views:	0
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	34184

Name:	1907bayonetfrog2.JPG
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	34185

Comment

I bought my k31 bayonet from them now I'm tempted for another lol.
      with the stuff and the things and the people.
      You there, Enlisted man!

Comment

Hey marshy didn't realise you could import bayonets...thought they would be restricted

Comment

Got a K-31 bayonet and frog last year...a very nice bit of kit too....the Swiss do make some nice stuff...

A few hints for folks looking for militaria such a K-31 frogs:

- Check out eBay...and remember that not all sellers call things by their correct names and not all use English!
          There are some real gems out there but sometimes you have to attack the problem laterally.
          Use common but incorrect names (such as 'Schmidt Rubin' for the K-31...which it isn't) or even just 'Mauser'.
          I've used 'Mosin', 'Nagant', 'Mauser', 'Enfield' and 'Schmidt Rubin' and by using these searches, I've found foreign militaria sellers and then checked through their wares using 'gallery' view. Don't forget that some names such as 'Mosin' or 'Rubin' are also often mis-spelt so try other versions such as 'Moisin', 'Schmitt' and 'Ruben'....and try other variations such as using 'leather frog' instead of 'bayonet frog'...or use a foreign language dictionary to find the German or French equivalent of ...

- Check suppliers such as Liberty Tree Collectors
          Yes, I do rave about this mob because I have not been disappointed by them and they do ship to Australia (no magazines or chargers though....)
          I do an order from them every few months and they've always got new stuff so I hit their website every week or two.

Happy hunting!!!
          Member of the Aunty Jack Firearm Appreciation Society - "Now be a good little Aussie and learn how to shoot or I'll rip your bloody arms off......and I will too!"

"Have you tried unloading it then reloading it?" - Roy Trenneman on fixing firearm problems

Comment

Props for Liberty Tree. One of my Mosins was missing a cleaning rod on purchase and LT sent it no worries and very well-packaged. Currently trying to decide on a K98 sling from them (no DON'T ask me why Lol)

Comment

Zhuk, most bayonets are single bladed - so just like a large kitchen knife, and often they aren't exactly sharp either. I've also purchased a few from LT and although parcels have been opened by Aust. Customs - they pass with no probs.

Cheers, Macca

Comment

cheers macca. So you just have to come in under the $100-mark?

That said, Customs can be a capricious beast lol

Comment

Not even under $100 in a few cases! I'll have to get my collection together and put up some photo's here - have some K98 bayonets a few Gewehr, Lee Enfields, and of coarse a few Mosins! Cheers, Macca

Comment

99% of these came from OS

Attached Files

Comment

Guest commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Originally posted by Jagdtiger" post=20272
                      99% of these came from OS

Awesome collection! Very envious Jadgtiger

I've only got one of anything, bar the AKs. Now have another East German Kalashnikov and another Mosin (as it came with the rifle), not pictured.

None came from OS hence my ignorant questions. Probably explains why I have so few too, ouch local prices Lol

Name:	bayonetsfeb13.jpg
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	35202
                      Attached Files

Wow! Fantastic collection right there Jagdtiger!! Thanks for sharing - I can see a lot for Lee Enfields!! Is that a No.7 as well with the pommel that swivels for the No.4 Mk1 series? I've just picked up one those myself recently - quite a unique idea. Cheers, Macca

Comment

• Jagdtiger
                      Jagdtiger commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Originally posted by macca41" post=20291
                      Wow! Fantastic collection right there Jagdtiger!! Thanks for sharing - I can see a lot for Lee Enfields!! Is that a No.7 as well with the pommel that swivels for the No.4 Mk1 series? I've just picked up one those myself recently - quite a unique idea. Cheers, Macca
                      Good bayonet to pick up Macca, they are up there with the No5's IMO.

I'm keen to get the black handle model now.

K-31, frog and scabbard on firearmsales for $150

http://firearmsales.com.au/listings/...isting_id=7287

Comment

That's a good start there Zhuk, keep it up

Love the Kukri Knife, one thing that's missing from my collection so far

The French Yataghan sword bayonets are good to get hold of if you like the curved blades

Comment

Thanks mate Paltry so far I know, but its a work in progress.

I just had to get a kukhri. My father brought one back from WW2 (he served in India and Burma) and even though it was well hidden away some bastard burglars stole it when I was about 10. Broke my mothers heart. Thank christ they didn't find his medals, or his regimental sgian dubh :S

Comment

Working...
                        X