SMLE Woodwork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMLE Woodwork

In a discussion at Shooting.com there was a mention of some rifles having the top fore-wood shortened.

I was revisiting this issue of Guns and Ammo and noticed that the rifle on the cover seems to be one such.

Click image for larger version

Name:	EnfieldWood.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	174.1 KB
ID:	29110

Possibly broken rather than shortened, as this is a very common area for the woodwork to break......I know this, coz mine is also snapped off on one side there.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Seen occasionally on British SMLE's, often on Indian SMLE's and never on Australian SMLE's. It depended on the repair policy of the time and country, India trimmed them all off when one broke, England repaired or trimmed off, replaced if parts available and Aust replaced the handguard.

The rest of the pictures in the article are a bit faint. The rifle shot in the comparison was a BSA, but it might not have been the one on the cover, as it looks to have all the wood. The date was Feb 1982 with a follow-on in March on the shooting of them.

Now I've explored this site more this might fit better in Longarms section. Moderators feel free to move if it suits.

Comment

$2.50 for a shooting mag oh them were the days lol, what are they worth now got to love inflation ay

Comment

Working...
      X