would this make a firearm "unservisable"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• would this make a firearm "unservisable"?

A friend of mine has an old anschutz .22, made in 1902.. We are having trouble removing the bolt, where not even sure if its possible with this ol girl. besides that it still operates as it should

Are there any older firearms any one knows of that the bolt cannot be removed?
    Would this make it unservisable and therefor you couldnt sell or co lic it?

im not sure about those annies but i have worked on an old winchester 1901 and you have to remove the stock to get the bolt out, maybe it is the same? depending on where you are from you might not have to take the bolt out
    thanks!!

Comment

Any chance you can post some pcs of the action etc?

Ive seen at least three examples of bolt removal, being to pull the trigger and remove, depress a side lever or button and remove, and as noted by Sirius, some require stock removal first.

A few good photos of the action might help folks offer advice.

Cheers,
      /tAK

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        We have done everything we can think of, unless there is a pin somewhere, they would of got it secured in there somehow. Won't be able to do pics it's several hundred ks away

Usually all you need to do is open bolt hold the trigger back and slide the bolt out, what have you tried?

Comment

Originally posted by Spadger" post=12343
        A friend of mine has an old anschutz .22, made in 1902.. We are having trouble removing the bolt, where not even sure if its possible with this ol girl. besides that it still operates as it should

Are there any older firearms any one knows of that the bolt cannot be removed?
        Would this make it unservisable and therefor you couldnt sell or co lic it?
        Try pushing trigger fowered then remove the bolt. My mates grandads clunker ( had to do this for the bolt to be released. )

Or hold trigger down and press the safety down or slide across. Then remove the bolt. ( might not work on a rimmie ) it's the only way my bolt comes out of my Stevens mod 200

It could be that you have your safety on ... This could be a reason that the bolt won't be removed.

As sendit suggested ( it could be a manner of disassembling the stock ) I've never seen a bolt gun need to go that far but best mates Winnie leaver .22 gotta take the stock off to remove the bolt. ( does this for a really good clean )

Hang in there mate ... She'll be nutter out soon enough.

Comment

• sirus17
          sirus17 commented
          Editing a comment
          does Anschütz even make a 1902? i thought they only started making rifles in like 1901 or 1902 so having a 1st yr run in AUS might be a stretch,
          are you even sure its an Anschütz? (not having a go)
      Working...
      X