I missed out on this Mosin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I missed out on this Mosin

Description was Post WW1 91/30 Mosin Nagant dated 1920 in very good condition , no rust or pitting. Bore good all matching No's.
    I would have rang up within 10 min of it going on and told I'm sorry it's Sold.
    Didn't even get to find out where it's from and markings, but I know it's not a refurb and it's not a 91/30 and the price was right.
    What do you guys think?
    Attached Files

Yeah you gotta be quick sometimes.

I have scored a couple bargains off there. Last rifle I bought, while I was speaking to the guy he was getting calls and messages while talking to me.

Comment

Its a stunner NO WONDER it went so fast, and at that price!

And that patina..../drool

If only people knew,,,,non-refurbs so much more desirable that the newly-blackened, shiny post war refurbs you see everywhere 90% of the time Lol

Could be mistaken - looks like a 91/30 to me Groggycoyote but the 1920 date stamp would suggest a Dragoon.

Comment

Not marked as sold yet...I would have rung up myself and tried to squeeze a bit more room outta one of my safes Lol

Edit: Wonder if Samurai bought it :P

Comment

• TheSovietSamurai
          TheSovietSamurai commented
          Editing a comment
          Originally posted by zhuk" post=5357
          Not marked as sold yet...I would have rung up myself and tried to squeeze a bit more room outta one of my safes Lol

Edit: Wonder if Samurai bought it :P
          Unfortunately, it wasn't me this time :P

Only $350, What a bargain!

Looks to be a Finnish 91/30 with the swivels and the splice under the rear sights, although it could just be a mark.
          A very nice rifle.

That's confirmed SOLD! I rang him back again to check. He received the phone call within 2 minutes of it going on. Gotta be quick.

Comment

Completely unsurprising!

Comment

What do you think, folks? Finnish, considering the stock colour???
            Member of the Aunty Jack Firearm Appreciation Society - "Now be a good little Aussie and learn how to shoot or I'll rip your bloody arms off......and I will too!"

"Have you tried unloading it then reloading it?" - Roy Trenneman on fixing firearm problems

Comment

Definately though that, Dreadnought

Comment

Sorry Groggycoyote, that was me on the phone to the seller - I was checking out the What's New and noticed this and called up - I had noticed the date on the posting... but assumed it must have already gone. I've missed out on a few other rifles being to late in the past. Can't wait to see it in the 'flesh' Cheers, Macca

Comment

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hey Macca41, all good mate. It's the quick and the dead on that site. My first reaction was Dragoon, Finn capture. I'd go with Captain Mainwaring thoughts on this. Congrats on the buy. Be great to see some photos when you get her .

• TheSovietSamurai
                  Editing a comment
                  Originally posted by macca41" post=5690
                  Sorry Groggycoyote, that was me on the phone to the seller - I was checking out the What's New and noticed this and called up - I had noticed the date on the posting... but assumed it must have already gone. I've missed out on a few other rifles being to late in the past. Can't wait to see it in the 'flesh' Cheers, Macca
                  Great job Macca, don't forget to show us some pics!

Definitely Finnish (just going by that pic). It has the Finn sling swivels in the sling slots. Definitely a 91/30, because it has the standard pattern rear sight. So it would have started life as a Dragoon and refurbished to 91/30 pattern somewhere along the way bu the addition of the rear sight (and maybe the front sight) , then captured by the Finns. Alternatively it could have been captured in original Dragoon pattern and then refurbished by the Finns with 91/30 sight(s). That's as far as I can get with just that pic.

Comment

Absolutely guys, will post some pics as soon as the PTA comes though....and I get my hands on it Cheers, Macca

Comment

Guest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Originally posted by macca41" post=5914
                    Absolutely guys, will post some pics as soon as the PTA comes though....and I get my hands on it Cheers, Macca

You bastard, macca!

Just kidding! (kinda lol)

Can't wait to see some good pics of it mate. Congratulations

Just gone on Romanian M44 (1955) used guns for any interested parties.

Comment

Guest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Originally posted by Groggycoyote " post=5969
                    Just gone on Romanian M44 (1955) used guns for any interested parties.

Not a bad price at all. I'm not familiar with the finishing of Romanian carbines, but I really hope no one has varnished it

Ahhah...

Thanks for the education on that Sam!

Be very interested to see what else in coming in the pipeline for you to get rid of this beauty. Very

Comment

• TheSovietSamurai
                    Editing a comment
                    Originally posted by zhuk" post=6262
                    Ahhah...

Thanks for the education on that Sam!

Be very interested to see what else in coming in the pipeline for you to get rid of this beauty. Very
                    Don't worry, you'll see soon enough! :P

Can only imagine if you've had to turf this one Lol

Comment

To the Mosin collectors out there, do you source any of your rifles from overseas or source them locally only. I know it is expensive to shop overseas ( by the time you get them here ) but there are so many for sale abroad. Oh well I'll dream a little

Comment

Working...
                    X