My collection of milsurps. And that's final lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My collection of milsurps. And that's final lol

Inspired by Samurai's thread displaying his stunning military rifles (which I cannot hope to compete with on any equal footing) thought I'd put mine up, since I've come to "the end of the line", so to speak. No more room in 3 safes, no more room for more safes. Plus I have a new & improved camera which helps heh

First up, the first rifle I ever bought, No4 MkI* Longbranch 1942. North Amercian walnut stock. DIY neoprene cheekpiece

Similarly, 1916 Enfield Sht.22 IV trainer

(which I found out yesterday - inexplicably - I cannot close the bolt on anymore...damned if I know what's happened in the months its been hibernating in the safe Lol. Might have to ask your advice, Tech!)

Next up, the rifle which kicked off the whole *ahem* insanity lol

Tula 1934 hex 91/30 Refurb, One of Lawrance's awesome offerings, alas now no more

Izhevsk 1943 91/30 Refurb. Interesting crossgrain-cut stock

Polish Wz-48 1954 .22 trainer (M38 carbine stock)

Izhevsk 1944 Non-refurbished M44 Carbine, great patina, Laminated which is I am told extremely rare. DDR-marked. Ridiculously crisp trigger, no creep.

Izhevsk 1944 M44 Carbine, Polish postwar refurb & darker beech stock

Izhevsk 1938 91/30 Non-refurb. Finn capture, looks to be pine tar finish

Westinghouse 1916 (

Finnish M91 1942 VKT barrel. Tiger-striped two-piece stock, barrel appears unfired. Again no creep, fantastic crisp trigger.

Btw all the barrels on these rifles are in excellent condition; only the non-refurbed M44 has a little wear. Pretty sure the Finn has not been fired at all

Nice collection there Mate!

Comment

Nice rifles and excellent pics zhuk

Thanks...

Comment

Thanks findlay and Maverick

I did go, uh, a bit mental over a (relatively) short period of time

Beginning of 2012 I owned one pistol, 9mm Lol

Comment

• Field Marshal Cinque
          Field Marshal Cinque commented
          Editing a comment
          Very nice! Makes my small collection look bad. I particulary like the non-refurbished Izhevsk M44. It has a nice been there look.

Echo the congrats and thanks for the great pics! Forums have one big similarity... they all love pics

The Sht .22 IV,... by the looks of the pic, the cocking piece is rotated into the long cam groove. Pull the bolt back, grab the cocking piece, pull it back a bit and rotate it clockwise a bit so the tang on the bottom goes into the groove in the bottom of the boltway.
        Always a good idea to store your bolts with the no weight on the springs.. ie, not cocked, and with the LE bolts, turning the cocking piece to the closed position will ease the weight as much as can be done. You probably turned the cocking piece in when you pulled the bolt out... I store mine with bolts in.

Yell out if this doesn't fix it, mate.

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Originally posted by Techsupport" post=2609
          Echo the congrats and thanks for the great pics! Forums have one big similarity... they all love pics

The Sht .22 IV,... by the looks of the pic, the cocking piece is rotated into the long cam groove. Pull the bolt back, grab the cocking piece, pull it back a bit and rotate it clockwise a bit so the tang on the bottom goes into the groove in the bottom of the boltway.
          Always a good idea to store your bolts with the no weight on the springs.. ie, not cocked, and with the LE bolts, turning the cocking piece to the closed position will ease the weight as much as can be done. You probably turned the cocking piece in when you pulled the bolt out... I store mine with bolts in.

Yell out if this doesn't fix it, mate.

Damn Can't believe I missed somethng so obvious, Tech! I should be used to it. with all the Mosin bolt-cocking-pieces lol

Many thanks for the headsup

Much better. I usually store all rifles with bolts out (purely a safe-space consideration, much as I would rather not). Shifted a few things around and can now store it with bolt inserted. No go on all the 90* mosin bolts however Lol

Very nice collection there

Comment

Nice collection

Comment

Zhuk,
            Absolutely awesome!

You have an MQ of 7 (or 7.5 if we allow the Wz-48 to be counted) which is bloody good indeed!...
            Member of the Aunty Jack Firearm Appreciation Society - "Now be a good little Aussie and learn how to shoot or I'll rip your bloody arms off......and I will too!"

"Have you tried unloading it then reloading it?" - Roy Trenneman on fixing firearm problems

Comment

'MQ', LoL

And yeah I reckon you're right - the Wz-48 is worth at least half heh

Well it does pay to go a bit crazy when you've got an enforced period of time where you are unable shoot, I gotta say :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by zhuk" post=2592

Westinghouse 1916 (

What's the Civil Guard district on this one?

Finnish M91 1942 VKT barrel. Tiger-striped two-piece stock, barrel appears unfired. Again no creep, fantastic crisp trigger.

Grumble. grumble, bastard......

Comment

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Capt, you know a lot more than I do. I defer to your vastly greater knowledge

I wouldn't know what Guard District it was - you know how I could find out?

Wholeheartedly agree with your last comment Lol. I was ridiculously lucky to get it, and was fitting for my last rifle I think.

Yeah it really is an affliction...and with so many variants (like the Kalashikov) its hard to stop at just one!

Did not help that due to a health issues I haven't been rifle shooting for many months...so I made up for that by buying rifles

Yours looks a pretty nice specimen, Whitedog. That a hex receiver? Bit hard to see from your pic.

Comment

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Originally posted by zhuk" post=3686
                  Yeah it really is an affliction...and with so many variants (like the Kalashikov) its hard to stop at just one!

Did not help that due to a health issues I haven't been rifle shooting for many months...so I made up for that by buying rifles

Yours looks a pretty nice specimen, Whitedog. That a hex receiver? Bit hard to see from your pic.
                  Yeah sorry, crappy pics. Have to get some more. 1935 Tula Hex from the store that probably still bloody well can't be named One of my favourite rifles to shoot. They really are pussy cats.

Fantastic collection zhuk. Very impressive.
                This is my 1st 91/30 Izhevsk 1943 Refurb that I just got last week. My 2nd and 3rd are waiting for my PTA to arrive. A M44 and a Hungarian 91/30 ( 48.m ). Plus another my wife doesn't know about yet . When I was younger I had a couple of 44's but didn't have the appreciation for them that I now have. Time to play catch up..
                Attached Files

Comment

• TheSovietSamurai
                  TheSovietSamurai commented
                  Editing a comment
                  What do you mean you couldn't compete with my collection on equal footing Zhuk? All of your rifles are absolutely spectacular!

I particularly like that Non-refurbed M44, what a beauty.

Very nice wartime Izhevsk, Groggycoyote.

Good to see you're building the collection back up Yeah it becomes a snowballing type thing, doesn't it? heh. I'll look forward to seeing the carbine and the Hungarian if you're going to put them up here.

I sometimes think of the (financial) trouble I'd be in if I lived in a country where you could own Kalashnikovs & their many, many variants lol)

Comment

I've accumulated a few Martini's over the years!

And a few Enfields (all Winchesters)

And even older stuff

Hold still varmint, whilst I plugs ya!

Comment

A few alright Wallace!

Very impressive collection

Comment

Working...
                    X