Another 'accessory' for the Mosin fans...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another 'accessory' for the Mosin fans...

The Mosin Nagant M1891/30 bayonet handle...
    Now you can use your pig-sticker either on or off the rifle....for US$36.99 plus postage...

Member of the Aunty Jack Firearm Appreciation Society - "Now be a good little Aussie and learn how to shoot or I'll rip your bloody arms off......and I will too!"

"Have you tried unloading it then reloading it?" - Roy Trenneman on fixing firearm problems

And I wonder if 1 out of 100 bayonets would fit it, as per the rifle lol

Comment

• mrwoospigs
      mrwoospigs commented
      Editing a comment
      They actually made the bayonets such a tight fit on purpose
      it was designed to stay on all the time and they rifles actualy shoot dead on with it on and a bit to the right with it off.
      so by making them a loose fit spoils the originality.
      I am not sure where I rad this but will find it

Probably nothing a little bit of judicious sandpapering of the handle wouldn't fix...

(Not going to suggest modifying the bayonet for obvious reasons!... )
    Member of the Aunty Jack Firearm Appreciation Society - "Now be a good little Aussie and learn how to shoot or I'll rip your bloody arms off......and I will too!"

"Have you tried unloading it then reloading it?" - Roy Trenneman on fixing firearm problems

Comment

Well I can certainly attest to that with my 91/30 - at 100m - high and to the right around 2 o'clock - by around 4 to 6" - thought it was just me being a crap shot...but once you know, make the adjustment and aim around the same distance at 8 o'clock - back on target - well better any way :P That and noticing the K98 and Lithgow were shooting much better - I was beginning to think the front sight had been knocked... Cheers, macca

Comment

Funny that one of my M44s shoots far better with the bayonet folded than extended.

Comment

Interesting Zhuk, maybe a previous user went to the trouble of sighting it with the bayo folded?? I'm really enjoying the experience of dialling in my mil-surp rifles sights and learning all the nuances of getting it right - hope to join in the VMRC comps some time soon... macca

Comment

• mrwoospigs
            mrwoospigs commented
            Editing a comment
            You can buy a sight adjuster to suit a mosin 91/30 o ebay for about 25 bucks, I did because I use both my mosins for hunting and the range, bayonet is a bit unpractical

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Originally posted by macca41" post=53985
            Interesting Zhuk, maybe a previous user went to the trouble of sighting it with the bayo folded?? I'm really enjoying the experience of dialling in my mil-surp rifles sights and learning all the nuances of getting it right - hope to join in the VMRC comps some time soon... macca

Guess that's a distinct possibility macca!

A whole lot of my rifles lie un-sighted-in unfortunately....bugger all chance of doing it properly at only 50m You guys don't know how lucky you are down in VIC

I'll check 'em out mrwoospigs, thanks for the tip!

Comment

Don't forget that the Soviets meant for the 91/30 to be shot on a 6 o'clock hold. 4-6 inches high at 100m will be spot on. From memory, the information is in Gebhardt's translated rifle manual (if not, I'll have it here somewhere).

While the bayonet will have a harmonic effect, I don't know if we can say that it has as great an effect as is often reported. Some wild figures are reported elsewhere on the net.

Maybe it's just bad shooting? Or maybe it might be that the rifles were simply refurbished, then boxed and chucked into long term storage without any sighting in? Maybe this was something that the end user was expected to do when the crap hit the fan and reservists and partisans were mobilised with 30 year old bolt actions, to face the imperialist hordes swarming over from the decadent bourgeois west? The refurb process was supposed to have taken place in the 60s-70s. Maybe some had their foresights replaced and others didn't. My 91/30 shoots centre without the bayonet at 100m, so maybe I got lucky.

Comment

• El-Skippo
              Skip commented
              Editing a comment
              With my old .303 with the bayonet attached it will shoot 2" high at 100 then with out the bayonet attached.

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              Originally posted by Captain Mainwaring" post=54393
              Don't forget that the Soviets meant for the 91/30 to be shot on a 6 o'clock hold. 4-6 inches high at 100m will be spot on. From memory, the information is in Gebhardt's translated rifle manual (if not, I'll have it here somewhere).

While the bayonet will have a harmonic effect, I don't know if we can say that it has as great an effect as is often reported. Some wild figures are reported elsewhere on the net.

Maybe it's just bad shooting? Or maybe it might be that the rifles were simply refurbished, then boxed and chucked into long term storage without any sighting in? Maybe this was something that the end user was expected to do when the crap hit the fan and reservists and partisans were mobilised with 30 year old bolt actions, to face the imperialist hordes swarming over from the decadent bourgeois west? The refurb process was supposed to have taken place in the 60s-70s. Maybe some had their foresights replaced and others didn't. My 91/30 shoots centre without the bayonet at 100m, so maybe I got lucky.

There's a massive variation between different rifles, so yeah you probably did Capt. Even ones which 'look' like they should be good (nice shiny bore, ex-Finn etc) can shoot like crap, and vica versa.

I have to say that for me a 6 o'clock hold is far preferable than POA...at any distance since my eyes are going there is no way I'd see a tiny black sight in the middle of any standard black military target :lol: Holding the front sight at the base so you can see the hell where it is, so much easier! Though with a Fig 11 (2nd below) of course it won't be at the base, exactly

Click image for larger version

Name:	Target200mFig12.JPG
Views:	0
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	65581

Name:	Target4ftplotted.jpg
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	65583

Name:	Target100mFig11.JPG
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	65582

Yeah, for the largest city in the country Sydney's not "overly served" in that regard, is it?

Theoretically only 2 ranges (south of Newcastle) where you can shoot IPSC. Theoretically as its only 1 at the moment

Comment

Working...
            X