Lee - Speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lee - Speed

Here is a couple of pictures of the Lee Speed that I believe was a presentation gun to a W WHITEHEAD which is on a brass plate fitted to the butt. The gun is in good condition overall with very crisp rifling.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	001.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	57638

Name:	002.JPG
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	57639

Name:	003.JPG
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	57640

Name:	004.JPG
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	57641

Name:	005.JPG
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	57642

Name:	007.JPG
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	57643

Name:	008.JPG
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	57644

Name:	010.JPG
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	57645

LOVELY.(if ever you want to part with it let me know)

Comment

• Bathurst72
      Bathurst72 commented
      Editing a comment
      AB, yes it is a very lovely gun. I have been looking for sometime for a lee speed and down here they are hard to find. I have only had it for a few days and I am sorry to say it will be a long time before I let go of it, or should I say when I am gone it will become the wife's problem

It came from a very respectful collector who has had for sometime and I am lucky to have been in the right place at the right time and he sold it to me. I am very happy with it and would like to one day find out some more info on the possible name on the plate.

Very nice mate!
    Lithgow addicted, with no sign of a cure.

Comment

Hi Bathurst72,
      Very nice indeed!! I like to see these private purchase, commercial production Lees. The fit and finish on them is a step above the military production, as is to be expected. They generally seem to be looked after a little better than their conscripted brothers as well.
      I have an LSA a little earlier than yours which has been shortened to a Range Rifle as was required under the rules of the day. I think I prefer yours, although mine does shoot well.
      Regards
      Les

Comment

Working...
      X