M91 Finn VKT 1942

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M91 Finn VKT 1942

What is a fair price for this one based on what you see, M1891 Finn VKT 1942, bore excellent. I haven't seen one before here in Aus, except for the one zhuk has. I didn't take the photos, this is all I have to go by. Any feed back appreciated.

Attached Files

A few more photos

Attached Files

Comment

Well they're rare as you say. I'd be asking Dreadnought/Capt Mainwaring if i were you but someone could probably ask 800+ for it easy and get if. Especially if excellent bore really means excellent.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by zhuk" post=46242
      Well they're rare as you say. I'd be asking Dreadnought/Capt Mainwaring if i were you but someone could probably ask 800+ for it easy and get if. Especially if excellent bore really means excellent.
      Thanks zhuk, I just spoke with the guy, his description when he looked down the barrel was " ###king pretty good, if every 303 I had was like that I'd get over $1000 every time" bore said to be 9/10. Sounds like a winner

Well what;'s he asking, Groggy? If you don't mind that is lol

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by zhuk" post=46315
      Well what;'s he asking, Groggy? If you don't mind that is lol
      Not at all..$690
      It's been sitting a LONG LONG time undetected..original price on it was $1190.
      Now has my name on it

Jesus lol well that's not bad AT aLL then!

He must have sat on it for ages heh. Nice score, mate!

Comment

Yes I also bought a N.E.W from them, fairly resonable price and it turned out to have a very good bore. Had been sitting there for more than 3 years :lol:

Some are, as you say Capt, optimistic pricing if nothing else heh

Comment

Yeah, the listed price must of turned of a lot of potential buyers, looking at the dates they went on... I thought there is no way they would still be there. Good thing I didn't pay listed price I'm not disappointed that it is a VKT, but the listing said 91/24. I was thinking could this be a M24 "Lotta's rifle" ! Their Mosin guru said it was a 24 but not to worry.

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          The last M24 I saw on the market had a listed price of $1k, which sold quickly. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately), it wasn't to me.....

Quite a lot of rifles are mislabelled in online ads I've noticed. If you don't pick it up in time and the transferring dealer puts down the incorrect info on the PTA, its another trip back to that dealer when the rego papers eventually come in I've had some very 'creative' calibres for Mosins stated on rego papers lol...and the onus is on you to go back and get it amended.

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Originally posted by zhuk" post=46545
          Quite a lot of rifles are mislabelled in online ads I've noticed. If you don't pick it up in time and the transferring dealer puts down the incorrect info on the PTA, its another trip back to that dealer when the rego papers eventually come in I've had some very 'creative' calibres for Mosins stated on rego papers lol...and the onus is on you to go back and get it amended.
          Thanks..I better make sure they don't put 91/24 on the rego. I just noticed on a recent purchase the incorrect serial number ( 1 digit )
          . Back to the dealer I go.

Great addition Groggy! I've also picked up an error on one of my serials....

Comment

I had 5 PTAs in a row witth something wrong with them lol

And not all the fault of the vendor either

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Originally posted by zhuk" post=46719
            I had 5 PTAs in a row witth something wrong with them lol

And not all the fault of the vendor either
            Without word of a lie, almost every single rego paper I receive from FAR has the magazine capacity listed wrong; I think the only couple that were correct recently were for double-barreled shotguns. I've had Mosins that were apparently 10-shot (I wish!) in one case and 4 in another, a Winchester '94 lever listed with a mag capacity of zero as well as a good few detachable magazine-fed rifles that are also single-shots according to FAR.

And of course it's never their fault according to the cranky old ladies you always seem to get put through to; must be your fault or that of your careless dealer, since the staff up at Musswelbrook are trained professionals and are never wrong.

I forgot the New England Westinghouse, SA , two piece stock.

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X