Polish M44

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polish M44

Just picked this beauty up, Polish M44 1953. When I bought this one, he said it was good but I didn't realise just how good until I signed the paper work at the local. Took it home gave it a wipe over, removed some old cosmoline, still has some in the chamber and bolt, I'll fix that later. Just keen to get some nice photos while the sun was out. I'm very impressed to say the least, no imports marks, came from Switzerland. Can't say much about her.. It's just perfect to me. The bolt is butter smooth, trigger feels like match grade. I know they say the Polish are known for the quality.. But this is just sensational. Unissued, all matching, unfired and will probably stay like that. It's remarkable how it was made in 1953 and looks like it was made yesterday. I strongly advise to buy one of these if given the chance ( sorry GSR ).

Attached Files

Hi Groggy... gotta love the Polish M44's... I have another one coming very soon... Yours is a ripper for sure!

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, beautiful wood on the Poles, eh. One of the boys at the range had a Polish M44 that looked exactly like that one; he was running a cheap 1x red-dot sight on it in a SK mount and was nailing the V-bulls at 100m with it once he got it sighted in (positional shooting too with rapids and snaps, not just slow-fired prone or rested off a bench or something), so they're certainly good shooters.

When I got talking to the guy I noticed his Russian accent thought I'd make a crack about him having to use a bloody Polish carbine because he couldn't get his hands on the real thing (Soviet M44); seems that back in Russia the M44s produced in the satellite states in the 50's are highly prized and considered by them to be far more desirable than their own carbines produced in the Motherland, and the Poles in particular are considered to be the pick of the crop.

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by macca41" post=38224
      Hi Groggy... gotta love the Polish M44's... I have another one coming very soon... Yours is a ripper for sure!

Thanks Macca, how did you go cleaning up your Polish M44 caked in cosmoline and your 91/30 Ex-Dragoon..any final pics to show?

she's a beauty... but you gotta run at least one box of S&B through it...

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by SLAiN" post=39410
      she's a beauty... but you gotta run at least one box of S&B through it...
      Or a spam-can or two of corrosive milsurp........only kidding :P
Working...
X